Monday, March 5, 2012

Other stuff (mostly my hormonal ranting)

Before I forget again.
I have total baby brain right now. I am SO frickin forgetful it's not even funny. Well.. it kinda is. DH gets a good laugh every time I forget something.

Anywho.... So we had niece's birthday get together. It went well, she got a bunch of toys she wants and was super happy about it.
Well... of course my pregnancy was brought up a few times.

They kept asking when we were finding out gender and then started to go on and on about wanting to be there. Uh..... NO.
They'll get a call after MAYBE, but it is going to be just me and DH... just like when I give birth.

I know I've said this before but feel I need to again.
I don't mind if his or my family visits while I'm still in labor. That's fine with me. But when it's time to start pushing baby out, they better get the hell out of the room or I will be PISSED.
It's not really a modesty thing b/c I'm sure at that point, I won't give a crap, it's just that that experience will never be gotten back and I want to share it with JUST DH, ya know?

Just can't help but remember how MiL and the other inlaws were when SiL gave birth. Just all in the way, worrying and getting all stressed out over nothing.
MiL kept going on and on and fucking on about how the baby was so small, and wondering if the sucking kind of thing the baby was doing with her lower lip was normal, and barely let anyone else hold the baby.
I know SiL is used to her mom, but I am not and that shit stressed me out just being around it.
And don't get me started on DH's asshat of an uncle. He USED to be fun to hang around, but he has a stick crammed up his ass about something and he takes it out on EVERYONE. He purposely tries to start fights (verbal not physical) with people.
Like in the waiting room... he was flipping through the channels on the tv. Not watching anything, just doing it out of boredom.
Well another family walks in, asks him if he could change the channel to a football game. Was a completely innocent request and the uncle just fuckin flips out and gets all pissy with them trying to start shit.
When the other people didn't bite.... well uncle wasn't having any of that and when we left the room (for some reason I can't remember), he of course has to try his hand at once again starting an arguement with these totally random people.
AND when SiL finally gave birth and we were all visiting.... the nurse came in to check on SiL and baby and he even tried to start something with her!! WTF??

That shit better not happen when I'm there.
DH and I are probably already going to be stressed with this big change that just happened... we don't need stress from over-excited, over-pissy, over-stressed family members adding on to it.

Anyway, back to my 20w scan. I don't even want my mom there. DH knows this and told me that if my mom isn't gonna be there then no one else will be. Glad he's on my side with this.
It's just such an intimate special moment.
They can wait.

1 comment:

LisaB/lisabttc said...

Ugh, I hate when family is annoying and wants to be all up in your business! I would feel the same as you - I'd just want it to be a special moment.