Monday, March 5, 2012

Baby Jar

I started a baby stuff jar a while ago. Haven't put any money in it for a while, but figured once we finally got pregnant, we'd have plenty saved to buy whatever we needed.

There's $480 in it right now. A fair amount but with the cost of all of the big items... it's not going to buy too much.
Don't get me wrong, it's going to buy at least 2 of the large items... crib and stroller, but then we'll have to come up with the rest for whatever else we want.
It's good that we have at least some saved up though.

I've been looking at baby stuff and UGH, it's SO overwhelming! There is just SO much crap and options out there! And of course the majority of it is expensive as hell!!

They sure do know where/when to jack up prices for stuff. Pregnant? Jack the price up! Baby stuff? Jack it up even more!!
Man, I wonder how much profit these places make. It's gotta be billions a year.

Oh and DH was trying to figure out how much we could spend on cloth diapers. He said about 80 a month and we should have enough if we stick with the kawaii brand. 80 is when you get free shipping and with it being about +$12 he just said it would be better just to spend the bit extra. I'm good with that! hehe
He looked through their website and really likes some of them. I think I'll like the all in ones. It's just like a regular disposable w/ the ease of putting on and taking off.
It's so difficult to know what you're going to like and what baby is going to need before baby arrives though.
Really hope my kawaiis come in today so I can look them over.
____

Really wish movement was obvious at this stage lol.
I know it is for some, but pfft, not for me.
I've felt some fluttering, but it could easily just be gas or something else.
I can't wait to feel definite movement. It will be such a relief and I can put the doppler up for at least a few days lol.
Been using that thing almost every other day for reassurance. If I have any kind of ache down there... I use it b/c I start freaking out that something is wrong.
It's tiring being worried all the time!

3 comments:

Jess said...

I think I will have to start a Baby Wish Jar. To help save up money if we need treatment or when we have a baby.

LisaL said...

I highly recommend it. With the price of everything now... yeah, it's good to have something saved up.
DH gets paid every other week so that's when I would take some money out of the bank. 20 here, 40-80 there. I stopped doing it though or else there would be more in there, but if you're consistant, by the time you get pregnant and are far along in it, there should still be enough to at least go for a crib :)

Melody said...

I cloth diaper my son. I have pockets and even though i have to pull the insert out and its wet, I prefer them. I have heard that the all in ones can be a pain since they take forever to dry. But obviously its up to you, and what will make your life easy. I spent a lot of money on mine 20 pockets, 30 bamboo inserts, 30 cloth wipes and 6 months worth of laundry detergent cost me $700 with taxes and shipping. But my son is a month old now and that is a good amount of diapers, I do laundry every day and a half to maybe 2 days.