Friday, March 2, 2012

HA forgot about this

I had an incident last night.

So I was letting the dogs in from outside. I had stepped on something kinda soft but didn't think much of it.
That is until I lifted my foot up and out scurried a frickin spider the size of a quarter!!!
I freaked out and started dancing around like a lunatic being stung by bees :P lol

Now I really don't have a problem with spiders in general. I don't kill them if I see one in the house. I'd rather have these nonvenomous spiders than other annoying bugs. BUT that certainly doesn't mean I want a close encounter of one. Not afraid to scoop one up in to a cup or something, but to actually touch one... or almost squash one with my foot. BLEH!

That thing is lucky my foot landed where it did. My 2nd and 3rd toes have a slight arch to them so they don't lay flat on the ground and that's exactly where the spider was.
Think it was a young wolf spider or some sort of variant. It's pretty common here and as I said, I don't mind them.. and even if I did, our cat kills his fair share of them anyway.

Just bleh though.... so glad it didn't bite me!

EDIT: Ok these spiders are def wolf spiders and apparently they do have some venom. It's not dangerous though. Sounds like the reaction you'd get from any sort of bug bite.
Oh well... I'd rather the spiders than some of the other annoying bugs we get here.

3 comments:

socialite_baby said...

I would have screamed bloody murder and probably cried! I kicked a spider when we were moving, I think it was a brown recluse (I saw my dad's rotten hole in his stomach after a baby bit him), and it disappeared after I hit it. I didn't see it fall in the carpet and wasn't on my shoe. I made DH check me and I nearly cried the entire time saying he was hitching a ride to the new house with us... Dramatic, but I hate spiders, snakes, and anything creepy crawly. DH was stung by a dead brown recluse and got really sick once so he acts like a little girl around them too!

LisaB/lisabttc said...

Ew ew ew!! If that was me, I would have died LOL

LisaL said...

Oh I think I'd have more of a problem if these spiders were actually dangerous to us, like the brown recluse. I don't think I'd be so accepting then lol.
We do get black widows here too. They stay outside most of the time but we did find one trying to make home inside. DH and I both weren't having any of that and DH smooshed it.

We had a smallish spider make home by our kitchen sink the other year. I actually used to stun flies and throw them in to the web. I know that's super weird, but we get swarmed with flies and it's nice to see those little buzzing bastards suffer! rofl