Sunday, March 18, 2012

Forgot

Just want to get my awful comment off the top here lol... plus forgot to mention what we did end up doing when DH got home.

When DH finally got home from helping his parents out (they had to put the dog to sleep :( ) we went to Michaels and bought 4 white square picture frames. I plan on drawing some cute versions of Star Wars chars to put in them like those cute animal face ones in animal themed nurseries.

Then, we went toHome Depot to pick out the colors we want for the nursery.
Pick one color out for boy and girl, and then a neutral.
It's the middle color on all of the swatches that we like.
I really like the aqua blue color. The violet is nice and I just absolutely love the orange creamy color.
Don't really think the aqua or orange would go all that great w/ star wars theme but oh well hehe

____

Think I'm gonna go to the consignment thing. We've spent A LOT of money this month (on glasses mostly), and I just didn't want to spend more, nm where it's located, but think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and go.
Going to have to do some more research though to make sure what whatever I do pick out is a good deal.

We decided to go with white furniture as well to help w/ the Star Wars thing. The big painting I'm going to do on the wall.. there's a good bit of white in it b/c of the inside of the space ship thing they're in so thought it would fit in better if we got white stuff for the nursery. Hopefully that decision won't come back to bite us in the butt (trying to keep it looking clean).
____

OOO I think Kroger may carry a cloth diaper friendly laundry detergent. They had one that was a baby detergent, but not really sure if what was in it was ok or not. Going to have to remember next time to bring along a piece of paper and a pen and write it all down to look up later.
They had a couple of brands that are ok to use though if that one doesn't check out. Just glad we won't have to buy online since that would probably get pretty expensive w/ shipping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jut so you know, honestly the best detergent is regular powder Tide. Just use 1/4 what you normally would use. I also use Rockin green but a lot of people have found they make the diapers leak after a while so while I want to use a natural detergent on him I find tide just cleans the diapers a lot better. On the cloth diaper facebook group I am on, half of the ladies use Tide. A lot use Nellies which you can apparently get from costco for really cheap.

Melody