Thursday, March 8, 2012

Birth classes and whatnot

Is it weird that I don't want to take any of those classes?
I just don't think they're necessary.
There is one I wouldn't mind about how to properly use carseats, BUT that's only b/c they give you a coupon for a discount on certain ones.

Lamaze, Bradley whatever.... I'm just not interested in it.

DH wants to take this one class his friend did with this wife. It's an ALL DAY class that lasts about 8 hours. WTH??? WTH are they going to tell me in 8 LONG hours? What to expect during labor & birth? Yeah, I know what to expect for the most part already.
And no matter what they do tell me... it's really not going to matter all that much in the moment b/c each labor/birth experience is different for everyone.
What to expect in the hospital? That's what taking a tour of the hospital is for and asking questions.

Just think it will be a waste of money, but of course DH wants to do it now and blahblahblah and my unhappy ass will be dragged along.
Don't know when the next ones will be, but we'll see how it goes. I'll come right back here and totally admit that I was wrong if they end up being awesome and helpful, but right now... I just think they'll be a waste of time & money.

2 comments:

Melody said...

I never took any.. can't say when I was in labor that I thought the classes would have been helpful and even now I don't think I would have learned anything that I didnt already know.

I did all my own research online and by reading books.

lisabttc said...

I'm curious about those classes! Idk if it would be any help or not, but maybe :-) That's a long ass class!