Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weddings... bleh

So yesterday we went to a wedding 2 hours away.
It was on an old plantation that's right on the ocean marsh. Usual cost to get in is $20 per adult... yikes, but since we were guests of the wedding.. free.
I can't imagine how much they spent to rent out the section they did... holy crap!

This is the main house obviously. Def NOT where the wedding/reception was being held heh.
And here were some creepy buildings on the way to where the wedding/reception was.
We didn't get a photo of the wedding building. Looked like it was probably a storage building for supplies that came in by boat. It was nice though.

The day was already pretty chilly and windy as hell and it did not get any better.
The wedding was held out on a deck and all of the women guests were miserable. The poor bridesmaids and bride were all shivering but toughing through it.
FINALLY it was over and we got to go in. It wasn't heated inside though so.. yeah, it was still pretty chilly, but at least no wind.
We were sat at a table with the rest of the work folks that showed up.
Awkward for me completely. They're all SOOOOO friendly and chatty and have so much in common with eachother and I just don't have anything in common with any of them other than DH.
They were really nice and I hate that I couldn't bring anything to any conversation they had. I know I seemed weird or off b/c of that, but can't really do much about it.

The reception was ok. Free booze= happy guests lol.  Bad for me though b/c they didn't have much else. I got a small cup of sprite and that was it. I could've gotten more I guess, but I really do not need all of that sugar so decided to just suffer. I felt fine though. I had had a lot to drink before we left and I was totally running on that for most of the night.
Dinner was delayed 2 hours!!! UGH! I dunno WTH took so long to get that going, but everyone was starving by the time it was time to eat.
Oh yes, it's so sweet, the first dance...  no we don't need to see the groom dance with his mom or MiL... no we don't need to see the bride dance with hers either!! Just so annoying and long. No one gave a crap... they were just eyeballing the food trays behind them! lol

Anyway blahblahblah... DH and I left around 8:30. It was pitch black outside, cold as shit and windy!! HORRIBLE! They did have golf carts that were supposed to take people back to their cars, but nope... they weren't running.
Imagine having to walk past those creepy buildings in darkness... yeah... fun... hehe
I guess it would've been scarier if I hadn't been freezing. I was so cold I was shaking. Not just shivering, but seriously shaking all over. DH just laughed at me while he tried to keep my warm :P heh

Yaddayadda, we finally got home, went to bed, and now I'm paying for not drinking anything. Feel that dehydration headache wanting to come on and I can't drink a lot of water right now b/c it's once again causing some bad nausea. Good times.

I was really worried about my lack of hydration yesterday and b/c I was wearing tight ass pantyhose, so I checked hb and all is ok thankfully. Sounded like LO was floating away whenever I would finally get the HB. Would like float away, then come back, float away, come back. hehe

Anywho... that was my long boring adventure on Saturday. Today is going to be filled with grocery shopping and cleaning up the kitchen b/c damn.... it needs it bad!

No comments: