Monday, February 13, 2012

Heartbeat

Alrighty.... I got a video of it so everyone could take a listen.



That's not the baby's hb right? I'm pretty confident now that it's not.

From what I've read, placenta will always be heard in the same spot which is what has been happening here.
Also.... placenta sounds more like whooshing (like in the video), while baby's is supposed to sound like a horse galloping and of course will be much faster.

So... yeah... back to trying to find it again.

I'm still positive that the very first time, I did eventually hear the baby's hb, but I haven't heard it again since.
Going to drink a bunch of water and try again later.

2 comments:

Shari said...

What was the hb measuring at ur last appt? With my pg....it started out in the 180s and then I would find it btwn 150-170 most of the time.

LisaL said...

It was 179 when the u/s tech measured it. I thought maybe my doppler just wasn't measuring it correctly or something whenever I picked this up lol. Dumb dumb me but oh well.