Monday, February 6, 2012

How the hell did we survive this long?

DH was figuring out our monthly expenses yesterday and... holy shit we spend a lot of money!!!
I don't even know on what.
I guess all of those quick trips to this place or that place really added up. But damn.... I saw the proof that we spent what we did and I still can't believe it and see no evidence of what we paid for lol.
How can you spend that much money and NOT have anything to show for it? o_O

Geeeeeeeze
I mean we haven't gone to a movie in forever. We don't buy DVDs like we used to.. MAYBE a blu-ray or dvd if it's on sale every 3 months or so.
We do eat out about twice a week. Once is on Friday's with the inlaws.. so I guess we could eliminate the other time.
I fill my car up once a week to week and a half... $30 each time.
And yeah... WTF? Where the hell is our money? SHEESH

So yeah... our babymoon is def going to have to be something on the not so expensive side. And at least now that I'm not doing fertility treatments, we can actually make a dent in the credit card bill. All of our tax return is going towards it.

Guess we're gonna have to keep a very close eye on all of those misc trips to Walmart or wherever else b/c I think that's where most of our money is going. Random trips for random crap and it adds up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely understand because we had to take a long hard look at our finances when I started paying on my student loans and the possibility of fertility treatments, too bad money doesn't grow on trees

LisaL said...

Yeah, no kidding.