Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wow...

GD is expensive!
After a bit of a mix up. DH picked up my prescription for more lancets and test strips for my glucometer.
Frickin $52!!!! Holy... shit.....
REALLY??
And they want me to test 4x a day???
Of course we'll pay it to keep LO safe, but DAMN.
It wasn't the lancets.. it was the damn test strips! Good grief...
____

And yeah.. 45g of carbs per meal, 25g per snack is just too damn much. I may get that w/ some snacks w/ the way I go through nuts, but in a meal, there's just no way.
I've been reading blogs from Primal preggos, reading one now where the woman is actually diabetic, and they all did just fine with a slight increase in carbs and staying primal.
I think maybe 100g a day should be just fine considering I had to go REALLY low in carbs before to even lose any weight.
We'll see how it goes and what my blood says is and isn't working. I'll increase or decrease the carbs.
Whatever it takes *nodnod*
____

Speaking of the LO. She's been doing a lot of smaller movements today. About an hour ago, was leaning back in the chair reading a blog and could feel her constantly moving around in there. Just really small movements that I could feel on the outside.
I'll never get sick of that.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Its not cheap to be a diabetic thats forsure! As for your morning fasting numbers, you should try possibly having a snack after dinner. My fasting numbers in the morning were in the 70s and I would have a glass of milk before bed or something with at least 1 carb serving.

Sounds like you are doing great with your eating!!!

Anonymous said...

Dang! That sucks!! Good luck with the diet! You're a trooper! You can do it!