Thursday, May 3, 2012

Results

Welp... good and bad.

Bad-
I failed my 1hr glucose test. Their cut off for norm is 130, my level was 160.
It sucks but I'm honestly not surprised by that at all.
What does suck is that I'm going to have to spend 3hrs in the office waiting to get blood drawn next Thursday.... awesome :\
I don't have a nifty phone or laptop or anything, so gonna have to bring a book along I guess.
I could actually go in tomorrow, but hoping that DH will be able to come with me next week to keep me company.... even though he just read stuff for work and barely talked to me last time :P lol

Now good news-
My iron and thyroid levels are normal. YAY!
So no increase or decrease with my synthroid and I don't have to worry about being anemic. So that's at least SOME good news lol.


Sigh.... I won't be surprised if I do have GD. If I do, then we'll just have to go back to being Primal a bit sooner than expected. Hopefully it will be GD controlled by diet and no injections. I mean I'll do them gladly to keep LO safe, but would much rather keep things under control by diet *nodnod*
____

Painting the figures for the nursery now. It's going to take a looooooooooooong time b/c the paint isn't the best quality stuff and the slick vinyl stuff doesn't hold it well. So lots and lots and lots of coats to make it look decent. Killing my upper back being hunched over painting but hopefully in the end it will look decent.

5 comments:

Shari said...

Sorry failed the 1 hour! If you do have it hopefully it is just a diet change!

The one good thing that came out of having gd was I had an end date. My doc wouldn't let me go over my due date. Induction isn't fun by any means but I found comfort in knowing that I wouldn't be in limbo. :)

I will keep my fx for no GD!!!

Btw, I don't know if this works or not but watch your carb and sugar intake before the 3hr. It may help you pass.

LisaL said...

Thanks Shari :) I think my DH will forbid me to eat anything sugary and not too many carbs with this result so yeah.... heh we'll see what the 3hr brings. I will def keep your tip in mind next Wed :)

Shari said...

You aren't to far off from passing so I am sure you will do much better with the 3hr! I skipped the 3hr since mine was so high and just started eating right.

How did you feel after the 1hr? I felt horrible for 3 days afterwards. If you didn't feel bad then I would say you should do fine!

LisaL said...

I didn't feel bad at all. I've read women saying that they felt bad after eating it like they had to throw up or whatever but nope.. I felt fine. *shrugs*
I hope you're right and that's a good sign :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I hope you pass the next one! FX FX
Glad to hear your other labs are normal! Yay!