Thursday, May 10, 2012

Done and done

So... 3 hour is done.
Had to get blood taken 4 times. First one before given the drink, then blood taken every hour.
Thankfully doing it this way helped the time go by a lot quicker.

Felt totally fine until I was on my way home.
My stomach had started to grumble REALLY LOUD the last 30mins, but I felt fine. ON the way home though, I started to get that all too familiar shaky feeling I've gotten before when I don't eat anything for a while (pre-preg, haven't had it since getting preg).
I felt like total shit by the time I actually got home and inhaled a banana while I waited for my lunch to heat up.
Ate a banana, my lunch, drank a fruit smoothie thing and then ate another banana.
Taking a while for my body to absorb what it needs, but finally starting to feel better now.
Going to go chug down some more water and lay down in a min. Feeling so pooped right now.

Hmm what else. They couldn't reschedule my appointment on the 15th, but did say that I could come in as early as 1:30pm for it (appointment is at 4pm) and said that if I come in that early, I should be seen right away.
So YAY! for that. Def going to be going in early so  won't have to worry about rush hour.


Oh that orange glucose drink is gross when it's warm! Their fridge was broken, so warm is all they had.
It's still not terrible, but warm... it had that gross orange medicine chalky flavor to it. BLEH
Bad though b/c I was hungry when I went in and was actually looking forward to drinking it! ROFL
Not for the taste or anything, but b/c I knew it would help to get rid of the hungry feeling which it did.

Anywho... that's all for now. Gonna go lay down and probably take a nap or something.

4 comments:

Shari said...

I have my fingers crossed that you passed! Hope you start feeling better!

Melody said...

You'll pass! And then you have one less thing to worry about.
I CRAVED chocolate covered granola bars when I was pregnant. I would eat at least three a day. Lucky for me I had low blood sugar and my dr told me to eat more sugar, although i'm sure he meant fruits.
Are you getting a 3d ultrasound done by chance?? They are amazing I had two, one at 20weeks and one at 30. Soooo worth the money (I'm in Canada and the package I got was $200 for the first one and 50% off for the send one so $300 total for both)

Anonymous said...

Oooh that would be yucky! Praying that you passed!!

LisaL said...

No, no 3D u/s for us.
Although they're really cool and I wouldn't mind getting it, we just don't have the $150 to spare for it. Not with all of the things we still need to buy.