Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I have to rant

UGH, I'm just so angry right now at women and their right to refuse the glucose test.
REALLY???

WHY would you refuse to do it??? SO many of them say that "Oh I've done the research so I don't think I need to do it." Well if you really did the research, you would see that ANYONE can develop GD.
GD can happen in absolutely healthy women! It's not just for us fat lazy bitches out there!

UGH It makes my blood boil.
It is SUCH a frickin simple test. SUCH a simple test to at least reassure you that everything is ok!!
Yes, I complain about having to spend 3hours in my doc's office, but ya know what? My ass is gonna go and do it because I will do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to make sure my baby girl is ok!

I just don't understand why, WHY would a woman put her own child at risk like that? I've read SO many comments from women who were skinny, no diabetes in family (or very little), eats healthy, exercises, and they still ended up getting GD!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

1 comment:

Melody said...

My moms best friend was the healthiest women I have ever known. Ate soo well during pregnancy and gained just the right amount of weight and she had GD baaaaad. Her son was born huge and with the big tongue. Your right it can happen to anyone. I had my test and found out I was extremely low blood sugar which helped me realize I needed more sugar each day and that's why I was always so light headed. So the test can help either way.
Good luck and fingers crossed you don't have it! Zoe has a good mama who will keep her safe.