Sunday, May 13, 2012

So easily amused

Man, DH and I live a very simple life, lemme tell ya.
We're both just tickled pink that we discovered that a bunny has started to come in to our backyard.
DH mowed the lawn yesterday and spotted the piles of bunny poop.
We found the spot that one could get in to our yard from, and sure enough, and 8:30 I looked out my window by my desk and saw the furry little wabbit munching on bird seed that had fallen to the ground.

Just came as a shock to us both since our backyard has a privacy fence around it, along w/ the neighbors fence that the rabbit is coming from *shrugs* And also surprising since we do have 3 dogs w/ pretty good prey drives.

Anywho, enough about our simple amusements...
____

DH said I have either until the end of the month or a month to finish the nursery. Not exactly sure which one he said.
Planning on getting the crib then and set everything up. It should be done before then. I'm just slacking off a little right now b/c as I've said multiple times... it's just been a PITA to do and I keep putting it off.
 It's gonna get done though. After we're done doing everything today, then I plan on working on it. Will probably have to head to Michael's tomorrow to buy more paint.

May go to the fabric store to make something too.
They have these really cute homemade moon & star hanging plushies at the baby furniture store w/ a teddy bear holding on to the moon (the moon is crescent shaped).
Anyway, these crazy bastards want $100 for them.... yeah, I don't F-ing think so. Not when the whole design is VERY simple, even for someone like myself to do.
So yeah, either I'm gonna make them or get DH's family to do it.
Have an idea for it. Since it's Star Wars theme.... have one of the moons black, and put a cute Darth Vader plushie on it (dark side of the moon, dark side.. you get it :P)
And then have the other moon white and have a yoda plushie or something on it. It's really cute in my head lol.
Could probably do it with some old t-shirts that aren't worn any longer. Hmmm, may do that to save some money. Just gotta buy the plushie filling and the star wars plushies.
We'll see we'll see.
____

Dernit, this seems to be happening more frequently now. Wanted to mention something else and I've completely forgotten.
Hmmmm......

Well... anyway, I'll post again if I remember.

EDIT:
Hmmm... changed it. Rather than wishing everyone a happy's mother day. I'll jsut wish everyone a Happy Sunday :)

2 comments:

socialite_baby said...

I love bunnies! We have them all over up here and have one living under our porch. It bolts out of the yard whenever we let the dogs out. Our yard is also fenced, one side is the wire fencing and DH said it can fit through those tiny holes! We find little bunny turds all over the yard, that I could do without... They're cute though!

Love the bear/moon/star wars idea! I think that'll be really cute! You better get to working on that nursery, I'm anxious to see it all finished!

Melody said...

Happy first mothers day!