Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Not so bad

Back home for now.
Wasn't about to sit in the car or in the waiting room for an hour and a half so came home and eating some lunch.

The class wasn't so bad. Time went by pretty quickly and one of the women brought her husband along who gave us all Babies R Us coupons (he works there). So YAY! lol

Got my glucometer (need more strips for it though), and the suggested meal plan from the dietician.

Most of the info I already knew, but there was some new stuff.
Apparently according to her, liquid margarine is healthier than evil butter. Cue the big *EYEROLL*
I didn't do that of course, but just ridiculous.

I'll be sticking with my primal diet w/ added carbs in it. I may have to get some whole wheat though or start eating A LOT of fruit.
Even though I won't be chowing down on some of the things she listed, I do plan on sticking with the carb amount I'm going to need per meal which is about 45g.
That's a lot when you're not eating very carby things, and we're not supposed to count most veggies. Other than corn, potato and sweet potato, everything else is a free food so even if it does have a good amount in it like a tomato, it's considered ok to eat as much as you want. So yeah, it's gonna be difficult to get that many carbs in a meal without consuming A LOT of the healthier stuff such as fruit.

Totally doable though, just hope my body responds well to it so I won't have to go on insulin.
Going to ask my OB about possibly starting metformin again to also help. That will help if I do have a cheat or eat a little more than I should... IF I go back on it again that is.
____

Got a card yesterday from the RE's office. Just the 2 nurses and RE saying how happy they are for us and thanking us for the card we sent them. It's really sweet and I can't wait to send them photos of little Zoe when she arrives :)
Even though this happened naturally, I def believe that they had a big part in our overall success.
Hopefully we'll never have to use their services again though ;)
____

Ya know, maybe there is a silver lining to having GD as a buddy said on a forum I go to.
Maybe b/c of the GD, I'll get more u/s done. It's always nice to see the LO!
And since I have GD, I may be induced, so will have an actual date for the birth which would be nice.
I'm sure the excitement of not knowing is awesome and going in to labor naturally is great and all, but I am def a planner and having a set date would be very cool. No guessing or wondering :D
We'll see what happens.
____

Alrighty, think I had something else I wanted to mention but ya know... baby brain...
About to head back out anyway! I'll post again once home.


EDIT: AH HA! I remembered! heh
I'll post up my weekly 27w post after I get back along w/ baby bump photo.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Hope your OB office is better about the u/s! Even with GD I only had my 20 week one. My office was pretty laid back about GD.

Glad the class went well! Hope your ob appt goes great!