Monday, May 14, 2012

Welp....

That's that then.
Just got a call back from the nurse and yep.... I have GD.
2 out of the 4 blood tests were abnormal so... yeah.
She's calling in for a glucometer now at my pharmacy and I have to keep track of my blood sugar 4x a day.

And I'm crying.
It's not the end of the world or anything, but no one really wants anything to be wrong with them especially when it could have a negative effect on your LO, ya know.

Sigh. Was hoping it would come back ok, but really not surprised that it came back this way.
Welp, other than the ice cream from last night... I've been doing well on the modified primal so just stick with that and hope it's working. I guess checking my blood sugar 4x a day will answer that for me.

Other than the crying part, I'm ok though. Just gotta keep truckin along and do what I have to to make sure this LO and myself are OK.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Sorry you have GD but its not the end of the world. It undoubtedly sucks to watch what you eat but having to keep track of your blood sugar each day will help you understand your trigger foods. Protein will be your best friend.