Sunday, April 8, 2012

Well shit....

It looks like we may have termites!!!
I know we've spotted some outside before, but didn't think we had any inside since we get an annual termite inspection.
Well I guess we need to get inspected again soon b/c I was just vacuuming and noticed something weird with one of the moldings on the wall. It looked like there were little clumps of sawdust everywhere and like the wood had been scratched deeply.
So I get down to look and poke around and it's brittle. NOT a good sign but thankfully looks like it's only just in that area (visible area at least).

SO I look online at termite signs, and yep... that's def one and that sawdust looking stuff was most likely termite poo. AND.... these flying ants we keep seeing in the house... well apparently aren't flying ants at all but are actually flying termites!!
We had them last year, but only for a really brief period of time and that was it.
Well they've been ALL over the place this year. All in the garage, sunroom and most recently the foyer which probably means their nest is in or under our house somewhere.
Sigh... damnit damnit damnit....
I hope it's not as bad as I'm imagining it to be.

No comments: