Monday, April 16, 2012

Stoopid body

So used the nasal strips last night. Not sure if it actually did anything at first, but I tried breathing through my nose and one nostril at least was somewhat clear.
So I fall asleep... and sure enough, wake up an hour later. Not b/c my mouth was dry or anything, but just b/c my body is now used to waking up every single hour. ARGH!

I don't think the nasal strips did anything for me anyway unfortunatly. I had to put 3 different ones on during the night b/c they either didn't stick right or I'd wake up and most of it was unstuck.
Think my nose (and the rest of my face) is too oily to use them.

So woke up early today and went to Walmart and bought some vicks to use tonight.

I think the dry weather we've been having hasn't been helping anything either. More moisture in the air right now and even when I had to start mouth breathing again last night, my mouth and throat didn't dry out nearly as fast. May bust out the humidifier if I can find it.... and it still works.
____

LO was quiet yesterday. A few good kicks here and there but mostly quiet. Must be another growth spurt b/c I've been feeling pretty achy down low.

Speaking of LO.... I think we're going to be changing her middle name.
I had picked out Addison, which I do still really like, BUT our last name also ends with a 'son' and that's always bothered me.
Didn't want to think much about it b/c really, unless you've tried to assassinate a president, how often is a middle name said, ya know? But it still bothered me.
DH has been looking through the baby name book he borrowed and he's picked out a name he likes (as do I)...
I think the front runner for a middle name is now Olivia. It flows really well with Zoe and our last name so yeah.... it's on the list heh.
Hey.. at least we're not flip flopping on the first name :P Not that there is anything wrong with that.. I just like having it picked out though.

DH already has a middle name picked out for a 2nd girl if we have another lol. Abigail... gale... however it's spelled :P It means... The source of a father's joy.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I only glanced at the name and suggested it, but when DH read what it meant, he was all over it and just really liked it. GAH! He's so cute and things like that make me love him more and more if that's even possible :)

Could actually be a contender for this one's middle name, not sure.
____

Finally got the wall done yesterday!!! Soooooooooooooooooooo much taping!!
It looks pretty cool though. Not exactly how I pictured it, but it has this really neat retro feel to it now heh.
Need to figure out WTH is going in the space scene and draw out the figures.

First though, I'm going to be painting stars on 2 of the lavender walls. They're going to be the darker lavender color I used on the painted wall ( I swear I'm gonna take photos eventually lol)...
Figured since it's basically a space/star theme it would be a good idea to help bring it all together.

It's going to be a lot more taping though to do it. UGH...
Thankfully it's just 2 walls though so yeah... still going to take FOREVER lol.

Going to work on that today after I eat an early lunch, and after all of that is done, hopefully in the next 2 days, then I'll finish up the wall/figures and we can actually move the furniture we have in to place :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn! I hope you get some better rest soon.
I love all the name ideas :-) Olivia makes a great middle name.
Can't wait to see pics of the nursery! Good luck!

Shari said...

The nose strips don't stick well sometimes. I would take make up cleaner and wipe the bridge of my nose then apply the stip. Otherwise the vicks works really well, but requires re-applying thru out the night.

Olivia is a great middle name! I second quessed the name we had picked out until she was born .....then I knew Athena Alice was the perfect name for her!