Thursday, April 12, 2012

Damn cat!!!!

He was doing so well too. UUUUUUUUUGH I want to strangle his furry little neck. I popped him upside his head though so I guess that will do.

Woke up to let the dogs out... one dog veered off to sniff something in the sunroom and I already knew what it was... a cat poo pile.
Well turn a little more and the cat found himself a new spot to piss in too... so yeah, I popped him on the head. It's not gonna do anything other than make him hide for a while, but whatever.

I love our cat, but he's really making me hate cats.
____

DH commented on the painting I'm doing in the nursery. It wasn't anything bad, but I could tell by his tone that he wishes we had went with something else.

I have an idea for it though. I had actually started thinking about it yesterday as I was finishing up what I was doing... and I think I'm just gonna do it.

What I've already done, I tried to blend in the shadows which looks like total shit. I'm not happy with it at all, but laziness and just wanting to get it done made me not care.
Well I'm going to paint over it. Keep the same basics, but paint over the shadows and do cell shading.
If you're not familiar with that, it's just basically going to be big solid blocks of shading instead of trying to blend anything. It's gonna take longer b/c I plan on taping up everything to get the lines nice and crisp, but I think it's going to look 1000x better than what I have on there already.

Gonna need more paint though which will have to wait for Friday or Saturday when we have some money.
Hopefully once I get in to a rhythm doing it it will only take a couple of days to do. DH could help me tape so that should save time too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you worry about painting while pregnant? I painted a little while I was but only when it was really well vented.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the nursery! I hope the next idea works out perfectly! GRR at cat poop. That little stinker!

LisaL said...

I was worried about painting, but the stuff we get isn't toxic or anything so it's all good. The room has a window open along with the door so a good breeze goes through to help vent.

Valerie said...

Cats will usually go outside the litter box if there is something medically wrong with them. Have you taken him to the vet? Other things could be the box is not clean, it's too small, it's in a too high traffic area, or he has been scared to the point of not using the box.

Cats don't understand punishment (so you're just scaring him even more), only positive reinforcement. So instead of hitting him for something he can't understand (pooping on the carpet, being hit later... makes no connection between the two), when you see him go in the box successfully, reward him. It sounds stupid to reward your cat for something he should already do, but this is a way to reinforce that going in the box is a good thing. Only do this after you rule out a medical problem.

LisaL said...

Oh I don't hit the cat (that often).. my temper was just through the roof when I saw the piss spot and I popped him on the head... NOT hard I should've added. Just a swift smack that got him to run. I'd never do anything that would injure my pets.

His litterbox is clean, BUT we're trying a new litter so he may just not like it.
Also, the spot that he's peeing in DH pulled up the carpet and maybe the cat just can't resist going there. I have no frickin idea.

But rest assured... when I say I want to strangle, kick, do violent things to my cat, I don't do them.. I'm just expressing my frustration and anger.