Sunday, April 1, 2012

So.. now that's out in the open

We went and had lunch with the inlaws.
I did have a little bit to eat. Thought I would balloon up even more but thankfully the opposite happened. WOO!
Anyway, they started to go on and on about how they weren't invited to the ultrasound etc. And then asked if anyone was going to be for the birth.
NOPE! They sure aren't. Of course I didn't say it like that lol. Thankfully MiL understands but DH's aunt is one pushy woman.

Oh well.. I don't see why they're still going on about the anatomy scan. It's over and done with, time to move on!

Anywho, they started asking about the baby kicking and moving and said SiL didn't feel hers move this early. I'm sure it helped that her baby was probably a lot smaller than it should've been though due to SiL's bad morning sickness. They said that she wouldn't really let them look or feel the baby move.
Surpringly.... I'd actually be ok with them touching my stomach once baby is bigger. Not sure about looking at it bare or anything lol. No one but my DH and doc need to see my hairy stomach :P
I'm sure I'm gonna be A LOT bigger than she was during her pregnancy though so maybe will be able to see this little girl move around from under the shirt.
But anyway.... yeah.. I know I still don't want strangers touching me, but I'd be ok with family.

On the way home, DH and I started talking and joking about when we could have sex again after I give birth. Then he asked when I'd want to start trying again.
If my body cooperates, I think I'd like to wait a year. Wait for Zoe to reach a year old and then start trying again, but up to that point... not try, but not protect and if it happens, then it was meant to be.
I just hope my body becomes 'normal' after this. I doubt it will though. I know I'll start back up with being primal so hopefully will have lost even more weight by the time I hopefully get pregnant again.

Wish we didn't have to be in such a rush to have kids. I understand why we waited to start trying, but obviously never imagined it would take us 3 years just to get to this point, ya know? Feels like such a race to get our family started and finished before I can't any longer.

4 comments:

Shari said...

If u bf the weight will fall off pp. I gained 35lbs. and lost it all by 5 days pp. I lost about 10 more before I stopped bfing at 3 weeks due to a lactose intolerant baby and a less than steller supply (Idk if had anything to do with pcos).

Shari said...

Also my body didn't feel "normal" till baby was 3-4 months old. I am pretty sure it was the fact that she was 9 lbs 3oz. I want more kids but the thought to get PG again has yet to cross my mind lol

LisaL said...

I hope I lose the weight just as quickly :D We'll see though.

I've read that women with PCOS have problems with milk supply. BLEH. I hope that's not a problem with myself. I'm getting worried that my breasts haven't become sore or anything like I've read a lot of women experiencing around this time.

Shari said...

Mine were only sore at the beginning. You can do things to help the milk supply but I didn't try them because of going back to work and needing a baby to take a bottle. Plus I would have had to eliminate dairy from my diet and it was too much stress with going back to work at 6 weeks. Just don't stress yourself out......I have heard a lot of pcos women never had a supply issue. It will work out great for you!