Tuesday, June 5, 2012

30 weeks

YAY! Finally made it to my 30w inconsequential goal hehe.

Bump photo
Feel like I look about the same, just sorta filling out a bit more *shrugs*
____

Breastfeeding class was meh, ok. Learned some stuff but the woman teaching it.. I dunno... told us a lot of non-breastfeeding things.
She was really nice at least.

Things I learned.....
For some reason, I always thought that you spent at least an hour breastfeeding. Well according to her, you want to do it for 15-30min maximum. And pumping, you want to do it just 15mins. Info I totally didn't know *nodnod*
It makes sense though now that I think about it. Can't have women running around with a baby or pump perma-attached to the boob :P lol
And got to see a pump in action. Well... just turned on :P lol

She made it all sound so easy and simple, but with everything I've been told and read... it's anything but that at first.

I still can't wait to try it out though. And I def plan on pumping as well so DH can feed her. He'll be feeding while I take a bazillion photos of it hehe. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
____

Just got back from Michaels. Bought some grey, light orange, pink, & yellow felt along with some ribbon, glitter glue and velcro.
Going to make some star curtain tie hold things. Saw these adorable items called Curtain Critters. They're super cute and not expensive at all considering how large they are.
Of course they don't have the dragonfly in stock though.
So I figured since I'm gonna try making the moon and whatnot, I may as well try to make some curtain things too :)
It's not going to be anything fancy. Just a star w/ ribbon for the tie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is for me in the beginning it was AT LEAST an hour breastfeeding. Newborns don't have a strong suck and it takes them a lot longer to eat. Now tho my son is 4 months and for the most part it's 10min maybe up to 30 at his last feed before sleep. Just have a comfy spot on the couch and put on a good show. There is awful tv at 4 am lol but oh well.

OS the nursery looks awesome. I was a little worried about how it would look when you said you were doing star wars but I honestly LOVE it. I totally wish my sons room was done in a cool theme. He just moved into his room now tho and I thought he was going to be in our room for a year so I didn't care to do anything special. Wish I had tho

LisaL said...

There's always time to do something :D It doesn't have to all be done at once.
Just pick a theme, color scheme, whatever, and slowly do it whenever you want :D