Saturday, July 28, 2012

Can't sleep

It's currently 3am and I can't get back to sleep.
Woke up at around 1:30 to pee and tossed and turned until my left hip started bothering me so bad that I had to get up.
SIGH!
Hoping to get tired again soon. Go recline on the couch and try to get some sleep.
____

Baby's laundry is done! Well... washed and dried at least. Need to fold everything and organize. I may do that later today along with the vacuuming.

Really need to pick up the pace w/ the Thank You card image. Hoping to have the majority of it finished today. Will work on that after I ramble a bit here.
____

Family dinner night was so... bleh.
First... we went to a shitty Chinese buffet. We were the only ones there at first so none of the food out was fresh.
Then, when they did start bringing out freshly cooked stuff... it was crap and didn't taste right. I wanted to punch BiL for picking that place.
I've never been to a buffet... gotten up FOUR times for food and still been hungry after. They're def not staying open much longer.

And then.... inlaws started hounding me for info on the pregnancy.
Told them dilation and effacement and they got all excited like I was about to spread eagle and pop Zoe out right there.
Geezus.... chill out!
Then they started telling me WHEN to have the baby... as if I have any control over that. I know they were only joking but it still got on my nerves.
THEN it was advice on how to go in to labor. UUUUUUUUGH... just let me eat my crappy food in peace!!!!
Love that they tell me to go walking... yeah b/c it's SO damn easy for me to do. I don't complain to them so I know they don't realize that I really can't walk for long, but yeah.... I was already pissed off at the shitty food and their comments were not helping my mood.
I need to get used to the unsolicited advice now though. B/c lord knows I'm going to hear it nonstop when she arrives.

Oh and DH informed me that  his aunt bought a used carseat.
Uhm... why?
First off.... HUGE no no to a used frickin car seat... especially buying it from someone you don't even know....
And 2nd... who the hell does she think is going in to that carseat because it sure as hell isn't going to be Zoe.

I hold my tongue quite a bit around the inlaws... but yeah, that's going to change once Zoe is here. I just know they're going to have 101 opinions on everything and I'm going to have to start speaking up finally.
____

And OT..... was anyone else totally disappointed with the Olympics opening ceremony? How.... boring.
Didn't watch all of it, went to bed when all of the nations were coming out so no idea if anything happened after that.
But before? Good lord that was such a snoozefest and frickin pretentious as hell.
Meh whatever...

No comments: