Friday, October 31, 2014

What the heck??

So our night got off to a slow start. We were waiting on MiL and my brother and his family to get over here. I was anxious to get out there thinking that there was going to be a lot of homes to hit up.
NOPE!
WTF happened to Halloween??
There were MAYBE a dozen houses scattered around the neighborhood that were giving out candy... MAYBE that many. And there were hardly any trick or treaters too. Where the F was everyone??
Our neighborhood used to be one of the good places to hit up. We'd always have tons of cars here w/ parents following their kids around to all the houses but this year... NOPE. No one giving candy and no one wanting it.

The few trick or treaters we got... I really wish we had given them handfuls of candy. Even if we had, we still would've had a ton left over. It was a nice night out for the most part.
Just wondering where the hell everyone was?? Was there some giant Halloween event we didn't hear about that everyone went to?

It just makes me sad. I want it to be like it used to when I was younger. Lots of people giving candy out, lots of trick or treaters getting it. I want Zoe to have memories like that.
I think next year we're probably just going to do trunk or treats b/c damn... this was disappointing. :(

No comments: