Saturday, October 11, 2014

Busy

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit.
We were go go going these last few days and finally have some down time.
Still have Zoe's cousin's birthday party to go to today but that's just family get together pretty much.

Lets see... on Wednesday we went to the state fair. I could've eaten everything all day long... especially the fried mushrooms. Holy shit those things are SO good!
Anyway, that was fun, just a lot of money spent. Spent way too much on a couple of games Zoe and her cousin could play. It was cute though, they were so proud of themselves (even w/ a little help from daddy and granny heh).

Then the next day we went apple picking. Holy crap I don't remember that place being THAT hilly ROFL. My feet just aren't made to be put in to tennis shoes. The ones I bought are supposed to be wide and they felt fine when I bought them, but wearing them there just about killed my poor feet. My pinky toe gets smooshed up under my other toes and it aches like crazy.
Oh AND, most of the apple trees had NO apples on them. WTF?? It's not that far in to the season. There were a lot on the ground but only a handful of trees scattered throughout the place had apples on them.
So disappointing especially since last year there were apples all over the place. We'll have to remember to do it earlier next year if we go again.
Poor MiL was struggling though. She's not in the best of shape and the steep hills were not kind to her. She took Zoe and went back up to the main building while DH and I picked apples.
It was still fun though and MiL got to spend some time with Zoe which was nice.

Yesterday we had to go buy my niece birthday presents. Holy crap toys are too damn expensive!
We also bought some Halloween candy. Again, too damn expensive!
End of the year is just a giant money sink.

Anyway... other than a trip to the store yesterday, the rest of it was spent doing a whole lot of nothing which was nice. My poor back and feet need the break.

And yeah, that's really been about all that's been going on. The roof is pretty much done so that's nice. Other than the puppy, our other 2 dogs didn't mess in the house at all the few days we weren't here all day. They're such good dogs.... sometimes ;) heh

____

Haven't really felt the baby much. I think I felt him/her this morning. Was laying on my left side and pretty sure I felt baby move against the bed on that side. That's been it though...it leaves me worried sometimes, but I just remind myself that I have an anterior placenta and I'm sure everything is still ok in there.

No comments: