Thursday, February 5, 2015

Baby bobble head

So my appointment went well. Nice and quick for the most part thank goodness.
Ultrasound went well. Oren has himself a giant head though. It was measuring 37-38w while the rest of him is measuring on point or a little smaller.
They could only joke that thankfully I was getting a c-section :P lol
His abdomen measured fine, his thigh bone was a little short, but Zoe's was too so I'm not concerned about it. They get that from DH's side. His grandfather and one of his uncles have long torsos and short legs. Zoe is kinda like that too.
Plus I have to remember that our dates are off by almost a week too, so really I'm only 33w6d instead of 34w5d.

I do have slightly over normal amniotic fluid which they said can happen with gestational diabetes. They said high normal is about 25er... cm? Not sure which measurement they use... and I have 29. They weren't concerned but will be keeping an eye on it like they have been. Just said that it gives baby more room to potentially flip again but since I'm getting a c-sec it's not a big deal.
Just hope this doesn't mean Oren will have blood sugar issues when he's born.

Oh and his weight estimate is about 5lbs 2oz :D My big little guy!

He was wiggling all over the place and hiccuped a few times. The u/s tech got a really freaky looking profile shot of his head w/ his mouth open. Can't say it's cute.... just looks... not right :P lol

And yeah, everything else was routine stuff. My BP was high once again, but that dang white coat syndrome thing. I know that's all it is combined with worrying if Zoe is going to behave causes some anxiety issues. I'm really not worried about it since they haven't mentioned anything about protein or something being in my urine.

No comments: