Tuesday, November 11, 2014

So hungry!!!!

So day one of better eating is out of the way and holy crap was I hungry!!! I ate, but it never filled me up. At least not for very long.
Same thing always happens when I get back on to a lower carb diet, but I didn't even think about it happening this time.
I wanted to eat everything but I held back.
I wasn't totally strict though. I had 2 squares of some chocolate and 3 smarties :P lol Not really bad but not super strict.
I figure that that small amount of not so perfect stuff won't hurt anything and shouldn't make my sugar levels spike any.

We're also going to be back on store bought salad dressing. Since inlaws chickens aren't laying, I'm not going to use store bought eggs to make anything where they would be eaten raw. Not a huge deal, but I really wish they wouldn't use so many damn chemicals and frickin soybean oil.
____

SO tired lately. I had a nice nap yesterday while Zoe napped and I still went to bed at my usual time. It's a good thing that I am a SAHM. While I do have to take care of our rebellious, mischievous little toddler, I at least get to be in my own home and have a chance of napping. Can't really complain too much about it.
____

We heard back from the vet about our cat's ongoing paw problem. She had told us that dermatologists are more familiar with it and it's considered something they'd be more familiar in, so she called one for us to get their take on it.
Well according to the dermatologist that she talked to... in her experience, cats with the paw issue that ours has usually has an underlying issue that suppresses their immune system like Feline AIDS or leukemia (might be considered the same thing? Not really sure).  Even if our cat does have either, treatment would still be the same.
And yeah, we have to get a new prescription for some more steroids. Should keep him on it for a few months to see if it helps and if it does, then he'll be on it (at a lower, maintenance dose) for the rest of his life.
SHEESH....
I'm not sure where he would've gotten sick from unless it was passed down from the momma cat. He's always been an indoor cat. Well, he does go out now but he's too big to move around and we don't get cats in our yard b/c of the dogs. He's never been in a fight with another cat.
We'll see though... hopefully the new steroids work. If not... oh well. Not like it's going to change much of what has already been going on.

No comments: