Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Meh

We were about an hour late for the concert yesterday. It wasn't only b/c of MiL. It started pouring down rain on the way there so traffic was at a crawl b/c you could only see about 10ft, if that, in front of you.
Then once we cleared that and got about 20miles from the place.... traffic became TERRIBLE. I do not know how people that live there put up with that shit.
Just slowed down to a crawl or a stop for no damn reason. I can understand if it was congested from people trying to merge but it wasn't even that... it was slow just for the hell of being slow. It would speed up for about half a mile then slow down for the next 3. SO flippin frustrating.

We missed the first band AFI. No idea what the hell they even sing.
And 30seconds to Mars just started when we got there. It was a pretty nice place, but we were way in the back on the lawn. It was still nice though, just you don't have a nice close up look at anything.

30 seconds to Mars.... meh. Jared Leto looked like stereotypical white Jesus. He sang alright... when he did sing. He would sing like 3 or 4 words then do the whole "Ok now the audience sings!" in every single song... not exaggerating. The audience sang more of the songs than he did.
Then he'd get people up on stage and it seemed like he was going to let them sing a little, but then he'd pretty much forget they were there so these poor people are just standing there looking around like... "WTF am I supposed to do now?" He did this multiple times too. Like these people were just supposed to feel blessed to be acknowledged and be in his presence. It was..... strange.

Linkin Park was pretty good. Pretty much nonstop song after song after song. There would be maybe 1min pauses between some of the songs, but that would be it. Not a lot of crowd interaction other than the singer getting all up in the front row people's faces which they were happy about... especially when he took his shirt off lol.
They were good though, sounded fantastic and put on a great show. Still don't like their new album though.

I started feeling sick about 30min after Linkin Park came on. I hadn't had enough to drink and the heat along w/ the beat of the music mixed with the cig/weed smoke and the smell of someone farting made me sick. I had to sit or else I would've puked... I almost did after I sat.
Had a couple of really deep gags and felt better after that for most of the rest of the concert.
And yes, I swear it smelled like someone kept farting and of course we had to be downwind of it. We weren't anywhere near any bathrooms so that's the only thing I could think of on why I kept smelling shit. And someone right behind us kept blazing up a damn joint and of course we were downwind of that.
I know ppl smoke up... I have no problem with it if they're adults... but damn... why are we always right around the people doing it??

Anywho, overall, not bad. It was a nice venue and we wouldn't mind going to another one there.... just have to remember about the traffic though.

We have another concert to go to in early October. Really excited about that one. It's A Day to Remember. The group we got smooshed and trampled on and crowd surfed on at the big rock festival lol. It was fun but no... I'm glad we'll have seats for this concert, specially since I'll be close to 20w then.

No comments: