Thursday, November 22, 2012

Stupid bird!!

Ok first off...

Happy Thanksgiving!!
I'm so thankful for the people in my life and the little miracle in my arms (well in her bed technically but you get it :P)

Anyway, on to the bitching!
Stupid frickin turkey was dry again, AND even though I brined it for THREE days... it didn't pick up ANY of the flavor. WTF???
Stupid ass meat themometer I have must not work b/c we took the turkey out even though it read that the turkey was NOT ready yet.
So yeah, gotta pick up a new one of those and run over the old one. Er well no.. it does have a big spike in it.. I'll just smash the damn thing with a hammer.

Damnit, I was so looking forward to this turkey too.. and to have it ruined like that.... BOOOOOOOO
The dark meat was fine though. But that damn breast meat was dry as hell :(

Sigh... other than that though and Zoe having a bit poo that I had to clean :P It was a nice day :) Tiring as usual with any family function, but fun.

DH is off tomorrow and I think we're gonna be going out. EEEEEEP. I don't want to deal with the traffic, but we're gonna try to get a new washer and dryer. We REALLY need some new ones. Our dryer is totally crapping out on us. NM it eating up my cloth diapers... it's starting to not completely dry our clothes. Nothing like opening up the door and smelling moldy musky grossness.

I think DH wants to get new phones too. BLEH we're gonna be spending so much frickin money. It's fun getting new things and all, but yeah, not when you have to spend a fortune to get them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Booo! So sorry about your turkey! I've never cooked one, so I'm sure mine would be disasterous! LOL! ;-) Luckily we have other good chefs in the family.
Yay for new stuff!! I know what you mean though, it can get sooo expensive. We need several things, but it's just not happening. I'm scared of black Friday shopping LOL.