Saturday, November 3, 2012

Damn boobs

My supply has already decreased a considerable amount.
We'll see how it is tomorrow and Monday.
If it stays what it's at now, then I'll do this for 1 more month.
She'll be eating more than I'm pumping out, but it will be a good transition in to giving her just formula. I think by the time I stop, she'll def be wanting to eat more than I'm producing so it will be the right time to finally stop.
It just all depends on what my boobs decide to do.
Pump at the beginning of the day is about 10hours between pumps... I got I think 5 or 6oz this morning... was getting about 7-8 before when she sttn the couple of times.
And then from that until the afternoon pump is about 7-8hours.... I only got 4oz today.
Then just now when I did it... 7hrs... I got almost 4oz.
Yikes... my boobs suck.
Like I said though... if it stays this way, then it should be enough to alternate bm and formula throughout the day.
Sigh... we'll see, we'll see.
____

I want to get Zoe a jumper for Christmas. Probably sooner if I can convince DH lol
There's this really cool one by Evenflo that's a 3 in 1. You can start off a newborn on a playmat, then it converts to the jumper, then in to this kinda wall thing for when they're standing. Not sure if a child would be entertained with just one thing for that long though? lol *shrugs*

There's also one I just saw on Amazon from Bright Starts where the seat parts actually goes around where the toys are. Pretty neat. Seems as though you would probably need a lot of room for that, but it's still neat heh.

There are a ton of options out there though. Just have to look through all of them now :P
____

Oh one more thing I forgot.
It was SO cute yesterday at dinner.
MiL was holding Zoe and SiL brought her daughter over to interact with Zoe some.
Her DD is just over a year old now and VERY active.
I was a bit afraid thinking she may be too rough if she gets near Zoe, but nope... she was so so gentle it was.. gosh, just melt your damn heart adorable lol.
They had them sitting (supported of course) at the end of the table and Zoe's cousin would look at her and smile and would gently pat Zoe on her back. It was just too frickin cute!!!

It's like when you see a big mean looking dog being so gentle with a little kitten or puppy lol.

I really hope they're super close growing up. I see a lot of sleepovers in their future :)

1 comment:

debbie said...

I have been a neonatal nurse since 1993, so have had lots of breastfeeding training. What you have described is exactly how it works. The main info you need to know: how long you pump is not as important as how often you pump. If you want to increase your supply, pump every 2-3hrs. If you want to decrease your supply, gradually increase the time in between pumping, (to avoid painful engorgement, mastitis, etc.) all the best!