Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The intro to yours truly :P

I swear I'm not full of myself :P lol
Well since this is a new blog, might as well say something about myself in the first post and what this blog is going to be about.

My name is Lisa, I'm currently 32 and at this moment 9 weeks pregnant. (DH is 33)
I have PCOS, hypothyroidism, and I'm fat.

I've tried clomid and femara and neither one does anything for me. Well, at least clomid. I was only put on a very small dose of femara b/c my gyn didn't want to increase my dose for whatever reason.
The only thing that got me to start ovulating was follistim injections.. and A LOT of it.
But even having to do so much of it, I got 4 BFPs from it! Unfortunatly, those all ended very early.

I 100% believe that being overweight has caused the majority of my fertility problems. Oh PCOS is a bitch too and doesn't help matters, but I really think being overweight was the main problem.
At my highest weight a couple of years ago I was 250lbs at 5'1". BIG in other words.
I changed my diet very slowly, and very slowly, the weight started to come off.
I wish I could say that during this time I exercised, but I didn't. There would be short periods of time when I did exercise, but I'm lazy, what can I say. I didn't get to 250 by being active.
Anywho, this time, when I finally got pregnant (and naturally), I weighed about 195lbs. Still very overweight but nowhere near to what I was before.

I honestly didn't think losing weight was going to do much of anything. I had lost 50lbs and nothing was going on with my body. Then I dropped 60, and after my 3rd chemical pregnancy... I ovulated on my own. Holy frickin crap!
And I did it again the month after that! Holy shit! Maybe losing weight can help! lol
Fastforward... and I had my 4th chemical pregancy.
It took almost a month for it to finalyl resolve naturally. I finally got AF and started a new cycle.
I took OPKs, took my temp and crossed my fingers.
I honestly didn't think I was going to ovulate that month, but finally on cd24, my OPKs were dark! WOO!
They were just shy of being a positive but we BD'd anyway. Next day on cd 25... positive!
And 8 days later, BFP!

I wish I knew why this one is sticking when the others didn't, but I guess you can't really dwell on the past too much, especially with a question that will never be answered.
I just now have to hope that this little baby growing inside of me is going to finally be the start of the new chapter in our lives.

I skipped over quite a bit, but you get the jist of what happened lol. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

No comments: