Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hmmm... ok then

So I was looking through some threads on a website I go to and came across a link to a blog called
The Skeptical OB.
It's actually a pretty damn interesting blog with a lot of information.
If you don't want to click it, it's basically an OBGYN that speaks against natural birth and homebirth fanatics and brings her own research and facts to the table.
It's bought up a lot of issues I never knew about for sure.
I recommend reading through it with an open mind.


Even before reading that website though... thinking about where I would want to give birth... a hospital just seems right for me.
I KNOW I'm probably going to be considered higher risk than most b/c of my weight and I'm pretty sure b/c of my blood pressure... who the hell knows if I'll have issues w/ blood sugar too.
And even if I didn't, I would still want to be in a hospital so if something did go wrong, I was right where I needed to be. Ya know?
I would still like to try for a natural birth, but I am totally open to being doped up. I've never gone through labor before so I have NO idea what it's going to feel like and how well I'm going to take the pain. I'm sure I'll probably experience one bad contraction and beg for an epi :P lol
I do know that I want to avoid C-sec like the plague. Obviously I would get it done in a heartbeat if it meant life or death though.

______________
Got the Old Navy dress yesterday and it's SO cute. I'm sure it would be a lot cuter on someone with a nice baby bump, but it will have to do heh. Hopefully by then I'll have a bump that's not just fat :P
______________
Still mild symptoms here. I'm pretty sure I'm more weepy then usual b/c anything that even remotely touches that nerve makes me feel like I want to cry.. and if I'm alone, I do hehe
I actually like the feeling though. Is that weird? I just see so many women than complain about their mood swings and their crying fits and I dunno.. that's what I want.
I guess it's the same thing w/ the whole morning sickness thing... just another reassurance.

Speaking of morning sickness or in my case, gagging.. it hasn't been bad. Seems to only happen before and just after I eat lunch and that's it. I'll sometimes get it before dinner, but that doesn't happen often.

I THINK I may be getting more tired as well. Difficult to say b/c my sleep hasn't been the greatest. I'll sleep awesome for most of the night and then I'll wake up around 2-3am and can't get back in to a deep sleep for whatever reason. Very frustrating.

I mean really a whole lot of nothing going on and as I've been saying, I can't really complain about anything.
_____________
Did anyone just know the gender of their baby?
I'm always amazed how some women just know. It's not like there are a ton of choices or something though so I guess it's a crapshoot really and the woman just happens to be right that time *shrugs*
I have a feeling this is a boy.
At first I had NO feeling one way or the other, but now.. I'm thinking boy.
Thinking it's probably b/c of the influence of others.
I know for a fact that my mom wants us to have a boy first b/c well, she's said so lol.
And I'm pretty sure when the inlaws find out, they're going to want a boy since they already have their granddaughter.
And I have a feeling that DH wants a little boy first as well.
He was reading through 1 of the pregnancy books I have and I guess the section was on old wives tales on how to tell what gender the baby is.
One of them was something like, if the woman's right breast is larger than the left, then it's a boy.
And another was, if the husband gains weight, then it's a girl.
Well my right boob is already bigger than my left, so not sure if that would indicate a boy lol...
and he has gained about 5lbs since Thanksgiving. When he said that, he jokingly frowned about it saying it was a girl, but I dunno... even though it was just him joking, I just got the feeling that he would prefer a boy. Not that he wouldn't be happy with a little girl or anything though :)

It's still such a long time before we're gonna find out anyway so.. yeah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, there's trying to read someone's opinion with an open mind, and reading someone's opinion who instantly labels you "feminist breeder". I believe that a home birth is right for me, but I know it's not for everyone. I know there are "home birth fanatics" out there, but I find "Dr." Amy Tuteur's "fanaticism", while on the opposite side, just as bad.
I'm not going to argue here for home birth because it's up to each individual to research and make the decision that's best for them. Whether it's home or hospital birth. I just can't respectfully read someone's "research" who can't be respectful of the people she doesn't agree with.
If a hospital birth is what you're comfortable with, than that's what it's about. I really hope you have a smooth, safe and lovely birth. You deserve it!

LisaL said...

Oh please don't think that I'm getting all fanatical on the opposite side or anything lol.
And yes, she is a fanatic in her own right about her views.
I just thought the information on the site was interesting.
Plus it's just kind of fun reading all of the drama :P lol

But yeah, I am NOT trying to tell anyone how they should or shouldn't give birth.
If you want an all natural home birth, awesome!
If you want a hospital and drugs from the start... just as awesome!

Anonymous said...

She isn't calling people feminist breeders, she's referring to a particular blogger who goes by that handle.

I like a lot of what Dr. Amy has to say but she can be too abrasive sometimes. I haven't read her blog in months because reading all of the vitriol on both sides is tiring.

Good luck with your pregnancy!