Saturday, October 27, 2012

SLEEEEEEP

Zoe SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno why and I don't care... I'm just frickin THRILLED that she did! lol
It may have been b/c she didn't sleep well during the day and had a lot of stimulation from the inlaws during dinner, but whatever.... we put her to bed when we got home. She fussed some, but was asleep a little after 8, and my munchkin didn't wake up until 7:40!!! And I'm sure she only woke because she worked a hand out of her swaddle and kept messing w/ her face.

I woke up a few times during the night since that's what I've gotten used to. My boobs were KILLING ME this morning but I was afraid to go pump. Thought she'd sense that I was awake and then wake herself heh. That's actually happened a couple of times :P
So I just dealt with the achy boobs and went back to sleep hehe.

When she woke at 7:40, I fed her, played with her for about 10min and she was ready to go back to sleep again. I fell asleep with her in my lap for about 5 min, but she kept waking herself up again so I swaddled her and laid her down in her bassinet. She slept until 9:30.
Gosh.... SO frickin nice.

I dunno if she's gonna keep this up but I hope so! heh The achy boobs will be worth it! Or if I knew she wasn't going to wake, I'd wake up pump then go back to sleep.
____

I want to slap MiL.
Her comment last night just ugh. It's not even that it was a bad comment, more annoying than anything and it doesn't help that this is the 2nd time she's said it.

It went something like...

... to Zoe, " You need to tell your momma to make loud noises while you sleep."

Because Zoe didn't sleep for very long in her carseat and got SUPER fussy.

Seriously?? I have the tv on, usually louder than it needs to be b/c I'm deaf :P Our dogs aren't exactly quiet when they come inside from being out. I'm not quiet with the things I do when she's asleep, like washing dishes, doing laundry etc.
So what else am I supposed to do exactly? Hold the vacuum right up by her ear while she sleeps? Yell and shout at random moments like a crazy person??
She didn't sleep long in her carseat b/c she wasn't frickin comfortable so she woke up fussy.
Just UGH..... there is helpful advice and then there is the "I know better" 'advice', which that comment totally was.

Thankfully MiL isn't all that bad.... just her remark really ticked me off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! OOOOOH isn't it the best feeling to feel well rested again? I wish Raegan was sleeping better still. Teething does weird things to sleep habits, but I hope to be back to normal 12 hours of sleeping again soon!

GO Zoe..sleepy baby...go Zoe...all nighty...yeah, that's my sad attempt at a cheering song...

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! OOOOOH isn't it the best feeling to feel well rested again? I wish Raegan was sleeping better still. Teething does weird things to sleep habits, but I hope to be back to normal 12 hours of sleeping again soon!

GO Zoe..sleepy baby...go Zoe...all nighty...yeah, that's my sad attempt at a cheering song...

Anonymous said...

sorry for the double comment....I can't delete it...blogger hates me