Sunday, January 4, 2015

Random before work

Poor Zoe.
SiL was having a sleep over with my 2 nieces (from brother) and her little girl and wanted Zoe to spend the night.
We were a bit hesitant, but we want Zoe to participate in things like that so we let her go.
Zoe LOVES spending the night wherever and I'm sure had a great time playing with her cousins (other than the few toddler fights we heard about lol).... but we were told she didn't go to bed until 1am.
WTH??
She just doesn't sleep well anywhere else but home. Not what we could do if anything or if this is just something she'll outgrow on her own.
We have her on such a good routine now that she rarely protests when it's bedtime. Ok so she does still protest sometimes but once we get in to the routine of getting her ready, we put her in her crib, she lays down, we cover her up and.. that's it. I don't remember the last time she has cried or made a fuss after she's laid down.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons why I want MiL to spend the night with her here instead of at her own home when baby boy arrives. It's going to be at least 3 days, maybe 4 before we're home and I want Zoe to have gotten SOME good sleep. DH will probably have to come home and spend the night with her if we want that though. For some reason his family get so uncomfortable over here. Sure, I'm not the most sociable person but I've never done anything or acted any differently when they come over. *shrugs*

But yeah... we went out to dinner with them yesterday to pick Zoe up and girl was NOT happy. She was so incredibly tired it wasn't even funny. Just sad cute lol.
We got home with her at 6pm and put her right to bed. She slept until 9am this morning and would've slept longer. We would've let her but DH goes to Sunday school with her and had to start getting ready. She was still sound asleep.
____

DH and I did take advantage of her spending the night and finally went and saw the last Hobbit movie.
We would've seen it sooner with other SiL, but the frickin theater close to us only had 2 regular showings. Everything else was either 3D or some other overpriced BS.
I think this weekend was the first time they had more regular showings of it and it showed by how packed the theater was.
It was a good movie. I enjoyed it... except for the end when my throat decided it had had enough and wanted to get that tickle/irritated feeling that makes you cough uncontrollably. Awesome. It couldn't do that in any other part when it was noisy and action packed. Oh no... it waited until the nice quiet emotional parts to attack. *grumble*
I'm sure everyone around us were holding their breath hoping not to catch whatever I had lol. Poor people.
____

Speaking of that... I feel fine the majority of the time. It's just the persistent stuffiness that doesn't even last all day, and then the coughing, irritated throat feeling. I still sound a lot worse than how I actually feel.
____

Trying a new wash routine with the diapers. I hope it works b/c if not.... I dunno what else to do to prevent funk from building up on them. Following a guide in one of the FB groups that was recommended to me.
First cycle is a rinse & spin w/ detergent. 2nd, I'm trying the whites cycle on extra heavy soiled w/ a full cap of detergent. Then a rinse cycle after that if diapers feel soapy. If not, then in to the dryer they go.
Read that HE washers need more in them to agitate everything a bit more which will help clean things better. That could've been a problem before since I was only washing her diapers and it was usually only ever half full if that. So yeah.... we'll see what happens after a couple of washes. I can't smell the diapers very well right now w/ the cold, but really hoping this works.
____

Okedoke... off to work on the nursery some more :)
Only 2.5months left before Oren makes his entrance in to the world O_O

No comments: