Friday, January 9, 2015

Insane to me

So just saw a story on FB of a woman that went in for back pain... turned out she was pregnant and didn't know it... with a TEN pound baby. WTF?
How... HOW do you not know you're pregnant?
Oren is only 3lbs, I have an anterior placenta, AND I was overweight to start off with and I can still feel him kicking and moving around in there. It's VERY obvious of what it is.
I just can not wrap my brain around how a woman couldn't know?
Yes... women could have irregular periods... I know that all too well so I'm not even taking that in to consideration. I just don't understand how you can carry around a frickin 10lb baby and not feel a damn thing?
That is some serious denial right there I think. I'm sorry but there's just no way other than serious serious denial on the part of the woman.
Anyway... WOW. Stories like that always shock me. Yeah, not every woman, especially larger women will show the same but the movement. How do you not feel the movement??

____

Zoe is down for a nap and sounds like is actually asleep this time. WOO! lol
I put her down for a nap yesterday and she played in her crib for an hour and a half, finally went to sleep, and woke up 30min later all grumpy and unhappy :\
So FX that today's nap will be nice and restful for her.

She's starting to wake up earlier in the mornings again. Still not too bad at 7am, but I was getting spoiled with her waking up at 8. Also doesn't help that I wake up at the drop of a hat.
Last night was again, waking up every hour on the hour.
____

Ok so I'll 'brag' about Zoe doing something here. Well I don't see it as bragging. I'm just a proud momma.
I don't like doing it on my due date group though. Lots of the mommas there will boast proudly how well their LO is doing whatever and I dunno.... I rarely post anything about Zoe. It always makes me feel uncomfortable if I say anything positive about what she's doing there b/c I don't want it to come off braggy. Ya know?
I'm overthinking it lol.
____

I can definitely tell which side Oren is favoring. I'll start aching something crazy on the side he's on. Wondered what it was that was causing it for a while when I was relaxing yesterday after painting some... I looked down and noticed my belly was lopsided favoring the right side and sure enough, that had been where I was feeling a stitch.

And I'm trying to call him by his name more. At least here heh.
It still feels weird for some reason.
____

I didn't get Batman done yesterday. Mostly done, but outlining with the crappy black marker/pan things I have was getting on my nerves so I stopped. Plus I kept feeling really achy so had to sit a lot which caused me not to want to do anything. Add in a toddler that wants some mommy attention and yeah......
Batman is mostly done though. Just have to fill in some black areas and add in a little more shading and will be ok.
Still dreading Spiderman......... uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh I don't want to think about it.

DH commented yesterday "Where's Superman?"
PFFFFT... if he wants Superman on the wall, he can draw and paint him up there himself. I'll sketch something out, he can transfer that to the wall and then paint him. There's no way I'm doing another Superhero.... not when the Spidey is going to be a pain.
____

Hmmm.... for rambling sake... going to list the items we still need to get.

Crib and Dresser... duh. lol
Changing pad
Changing pad covers
2-4 crib sheets
baby gate
2 pair of yoga pants (need some regular long pant ones for after birth since it will most likely be cold still)
2 blankets
pack or 2 of wash clothes
few towels

bottles and bottle drying rack of we don't get any back from SiL which I'm doubting we will.

We've built up a stash of formula. It's the same stuff we used for Zoe. Need to get DH to stop buying some though. It's dairy based and what if Oren is allergic. We have over $100 worth of formula right now so... yeah.... need to chill with that until he's actually here and we know it's ok for him to have.
I highly doubt I'll be able to EBF if I can BF or want to BF at all. I'm definitely going to try pumping again. Just not looking forward to the sore as shit nipples or having to wake up every 2 hours to pump and just... bleh. Pumping is such a giant PAIN.
____

There was something else but... now I don't remember. Oh well........ something something.... something something...........................

No comments: