Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pretty lucky

I know I complain A LOT, but must say that I know we've been pretty lucky with Zoe.
Sure she isn't the best sleeper out there, but she sleeps pretty darn well.
And now that she's mostly sttn again... that is 12 hours of sleep at night!!! I'm sure a lot of moms out there would frickin LOVE that.
Even when she did have her sleep regression, it still wasn't awful compared to so many others.
And I know we're so lucky to even have Zoe in our lives.
There are so many still struggling to have 1 and I do think about that every day.
It's that 'former' infertile guilt coming up. Although right now I'm pretty infertile again but whtever...

Anyway, no real point to all of this other than saying.
I complain a WHOLE LOT, but I do realize just how lucky we are with everything. Even if she slept like crap, screamed all the time, etc.... I would still be so grateful that we even had her.
____

Zoe had some pureed pear yesterday and of course loved it. It made her have some gross stinky loose poo though. BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH
You do kinda get used to the poo, but sometimes it just... bleh... it gets to you. Especially since we have to spray out her bad poo diapers and the poo water gets everywhere. It's so gross.....
____

Man, I see so many people selling crochet baby hats online and charging frickin OUTRAGEOUS prices for them.
I am so glad I finally figured out how to do it.

It's SO easy. Seriously, if you want to learn, look up youtube tutorials. That's how I learned and am still learning.
Cheaper to make your own stuff than buying it off of someone else *nodnod*

Here are some things I've made so far :D

Puppy hat I made for my niece. Looks kinda like a bunny but oh well

Unfinished My Little Pony

Horned hat for DH... need to make myself one and make our dwarf beards :D

Hats for Zoe. First one is the newest I made. Had to remove the top white part b/c it made it too tight on her head. I'll do it again though and do it a bit looser
2nd is a bunny hat for Easter. And the third is kind of a flapper style cap.

Zoe modelling a Hat/scarf/glovepockets hat I made for my niece. Doctor Who Tardis kind of look to it

Fun fun!!!
____

Just got back from nieces birthday lunch. First time going out with Zoe alone without DH to a family get together.
His family went freakin CRAZY with the food. I swear...
Now I don't feel so guilty about my mom giving her a taste of a lifesaver.

I really didn't mind too much. I know it's not going to hurt her, but I know they only did it b/c DH wasn't there. He would've made them stop :P

Lets see, they let her taste a roll, ranch dressing & mashed potato.
She did NOT like mashed potato. She started gagging and threw up ALL over SiL! ROFL
Sigh.... I guess when it's not THEIR kid eating the stuff, they don't care :P They're not gonna have to deal with gross poop or anything.
I know DH is gonna be mad at me for letting them, but whatever. It's over and done with now.





No comments: