Thursday, December 11, 2014

Quickie quickie

So I decided that I was going to eat one of Zoe's oatmeals that I bought for her. It's just instant maple and brown sugar crap. Each pack is something like 32? g of carbs.
I wanted to see what it would do to my sugar and...... 82... that's actually lower than it has been the last couple of days. o_O
Not saying I don't have GD... but dang.... this at least gives me some wiggle room. YAY! :D
At least for now that is.
My fasting numbers have been good. It was a little bit higher this morning but still not over what it should be. I think it started this way with Zoe too. Ok for a while but just started creeping up sometimes. Oh well. We'll see what happens.

____

Actually started working on the nursery walls. Outlined one of the cityscapes. Just have some finishing touches here and there and I can move to the other wall.
It's a bit higher than I had wanted, but it's where the crib will be and that sucker is pretty tall. Would look stupid if I were to make the cityscape shorter than the back of the crib. It should look ok with how I have it though.
The wall with the dresser should be a lot better. Not as high up as the other one.

Also sketched out a couple of superheroes. Only 4 of them, but I can't think of anymore to do that aren't the typical that everyone does. Hell, the ones I picked are pretty typical... Spiderman, Batman, Wolverine with the Phoenix being the only oddball one.
Wanted at least one girl hero up there that wasn't Wonder Woman and DH didn't want She Hulk either.
Phoenix goes with Wolverine though so it works.

There was a really cute style that I saw on pinterest that I'm trying to emulate with the drawings. Hopefully it translates well on to the walls.
Of course I'll post photos once there's something to show :)

Oh and the furniture is back ordered until MID January. Think I just said January before.
Still shouldn't be a problem even if , gawd forbid, he decides to come early. Would just like to have it though to see it in the room.
____

Zoe's poor butt is so sensitive. It's been a while since we've had a bad rashy breakout, but give her some almonds and red rash butt hurt city. Poor girl. She's better now but it was looking so raw and bleh just a few days ago. Have since stopped giving her almonds since that is what seemed to cause the problem in the first place.

She's been good other than that though. Downloaded her some new games on my kindle and she just LOVES scrolling through everything, clicking on everything and especially likes going to the app store :\

She surprised DH and I by figuring out and being quite good at a matching game. You know the type, pictures under cards and you have to match them. She's not perfect at it by any means but she does a lot better at it than we expected. :D
My baby girl is growing up so fast!

____

Alrighty, think that's about it. Need to get back to work while Zoe is 'napping' aka playing in her crib.

No comments: