Friday, December 19, 2014

High again

Damnit. My fasting level this morning was high again.
I THINK it's been happening when I don't drink enough the previous day. Yesterday and the day before we were at the inlaws and I didn't really drink much of anything and my fasting levels were high-ish.
We'll see if my theory is correct these next few days. If not... hello again glyburide!

____

We did go look at Christmas lights. Frickin far as hell to go see them. We went to one neighborhood someone had told them about and it wasn't even a neighborhood... maybe 6 houses on a small road that deadended in a cul-de-sac. It was really nice though.
Then we went to this park that sets up lights that you drive through. That was really pretty. They also had a building set up with Santa and other stuff but we didn't stop. I think MiL and SiL wanted to but everyone else just didn't care at that point. We had been driving for over an hour already and it was getting late.

There's supposed to be something around here. A neighborhood that has lights too. Need to look it up while I'm thinking about it.
Oh NM.. just looked it up and it looks like it's an actual event w/ vendors and everything and it already happened. Booo. oh well.

Did learn one thing on this road trip.... MiL REALLY does not listen to a damn thing anyone says. She's a great woman but holy shit.... if you ask a question LISTEN TO THE ANSWER.
I can't even count how many times she asked the same damn question over and over again. And no, she's not losing her mind... she just doesn't pay attention.
It's like talking on the phone with her. It's so damn frustrating b/c she'll start conversations with the other people in the room while still on the phone with someone else and then you have to repeat a bajillion times what you said to her.
____

My sugar after dinner was higher than it should've been too at 129. We went to Moe's and I got a burrito. One burrito should've been ok.... IF I hadn't gotten rice on it.
It didn't even occur to me that I shouldn't get the rice on it when I was ordering lol. Oops. Hell, it didn't occur to me until I took my sugar and saw how high it was. I knew it shouldn't have been that high and then the rice dawned on me.
Oh well. 129 still isn't that bad. Looks like rice is going to have to be something I avoid though almost entirely. The 2 times I had it, it wasn't THAT much... maybe a little less than a cup the first time and a half a cup this time... and they still spiked my sugar pretty good.
____

SiL said that when her husband gets back home from deployment that they're going on a week long Disney trip. He gets back either at the end of Feb or early March. She said she wants to drive up here to see the LO for a couple of days. Really hope they do that. She wasn't here when both Zoe and her other niece were newborn so it will be nice if she if she could see Oren when he's still tiny.
____

Again, there was something else I wanted to mention but.... *shrugs*

No comments: