Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Youtube videos

Just wasting the day away watching youtube videos of newborns and moms telling their labor and delivery stories.

Just listened to one and... I don't know why women feel like having a natural birth is some HUGE accomplishment.
Now don't get me wrong, I think it's impressive if a woman can do it, and more power to those that want to give it a shot. Frickin awesome if you can get through the pain.
But it's like they see it as a bragging right? Like they have something to prove. To themselves? To other women?
*shrugs* I just don't get it but whatever floats their boat. I still enjoy listening to all of the different experiences :D

Also watching a lot of newborn videos. Love hearing the different experiences of new parents, what they like, don't like, etc and then seeing their adorable little babies.
Watched one where the parents were giving their baby a sponge bath for the first time at home. Poor little baby did not like getting his body washed and he would snort! OMG so cute!!!
I especially like the videos where it's the father's making the video. They're just so excited and there's just something about a guy being so sweet and caring that is awesome to watch.

So yeah, that's how I've been wasting away my day heh.
____

My boobs seem to be making a lot more colostrum. Yes, I'm still 'playing' with my bewbies :P DH laughs at me whenever I confess it to him. Pfft, he's just jealous cause he hasn't caught me doing it yet :P

I think my left boob is going to have a good amount in it. The right one... eh.
Left one I can massage a lot of colostrum out of, but the right one doesn't want to give any up most of the time.
Also, right boob colostrum is stickier than left boob stuff. Left boob stuff is very watery with no stretch, right boob still has a EWCM kind of stretch to it.

I dunno... just fascinated by what my body is doing heh.
____

Got some fish tank water changes done today. Still need to do one out of the big tank.
The smaller tanks really needed it though. Have live plants in all of the tanks and there's this stuff called cabomba that's floating in the 29g. It was completely taking over the tank. Poor fish barely had room to move in there and I had been putting off doing a water change b/c of the aching and I didn't want to carry around a 3g bucket full of water etc.

Anyway, just said screw it and got it done today. Leaving the big tank for tomorrow. Will be easier b/c don't have to carry around buckets. Just use a long hose to siphon out the water and put some back in. It just takes about an hour to get it done which is why I've been putting it off b/c it's tedious.

Feeling ok though. I did start to ache a little bit, but not nearly as bad as I was fearing it would be.

Alrighty, gotta go wash rest of baby stuff and get laundry out of the dryer. Fun fun.

No comments: