Wednesday, August 15, 2012

1 week old

Gosh, can't believe Zoe is 1 week old today. Frickin crazy how fast time flies by.

I know some women are natural moms, but that is not me. I have patience which all parents need... but I'm so clueless with everything else lol.

And I am still SOOOO tired. Guess it's just my body still healing, but it would be nice to wake up feeling refreshed.
I'm def going to be hurting when DH goes back to work and I have to do everything myself during the day. Sleep when I can inbetween taking care of her and pumping.

Pumping is the same. Get 1oz if I'm lucky every 2 hours. Wish this fenugreek stuff would hurry up and work if it's going to.

I'm feeling ok. Still sore and achy but I can actually stand up and sit down without too much problem. It's only been a week so I need to keep telling myself that it's going to take a bit longer to feel better. It's like time flew by and also is going at a snail's pace too.

Oh not sure if I mentioned this. But we're using disposables right now. B/c of her jaundice and our need to get her to poop as often as possible to help clear it up... she developed a mild diaper rash kind of thing b/c we had to wipe her so often. So we decided to use disposables while all of this is going on since it would be easier.

Zoe is doing well. Don't notice any kind of yellow tint to her eyes or skin any longer which I'm so happy about.
She's a little piggy too and is eating more. Not WAY more or anything lol, but just more.
She's still a fussy little chipmunk though and def does NOT enjoy getting her diaper changed at all. She screams bloody murder if we take too long which often happens b/c she likes to poop and pee as soon as the clean diaper is under her butt or right before so it gets all over the waterproof mat and gets on her :P

Anyway... here's some Zoe spammage :)


Me sitting her up. She is holding her own head up even though it looks like I'm doing it for her. My fingers are just there to keep her head from falling forward too quick :)

Me holding her

DH holding her



3 comments:

SLES75 said...

Lisa...she's beautiful!!! I can't believe she's already a week old....

As far as pumping....somethings I did since I was pump dependent to increase my supply, I always held my daughter for about 5 min offering her a nuzzle if she wanted, right before pumping. It worked out well if I fed her then pumped. Increasing your protein to a minimum of 100g/day. It's hard to do, but damn it makes a huge difference. And make sure you're drinking plenty of water. I drank a 20 oz bottle of water after each pumping.

Feel free to email me if you have any further questions. I was an exclusive pumper for more than 6 months, so I consider myself kind of an expert. I ended up with a really good stash and will probably be able to make it through to her 10 month birthday before I have to start giving formula.

Good luck and you're doing great! Congrats again on your beautiful daughter....and you are a natural mom...you're an amazing natural mom!!!

shari said...

I don't know that you will ever feel rested...lol Once she starts sleeping 4 hours or more you will feel like a new woman, but you will still feel exhausted. Even having one at 10 months old who sttn I still feel like I never rebounded from the sleepless nights. It gets easier and your body adjusts and then you dream of sleeping in :)

Zoe is a doll! Hope you are healing well!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, she is SOOO precious! I just love her! I would probably feel kind of clueless, too. It wouldn't be easy to be a new mom. You're doing great! I hope you heal soon!! <3