Friday, November 1, 2013

Homeschooling

I can't remember if I've posted about this before or not. If I have... oops, then I'll be repeating myself. Wouldn't be the first time heh.

Anyway... I know there's still a few years to think about this, but I'm seriously considering homeschooling Zoe. I just really don't have faith in our school systems any longer and think myself and family would do a better job teaching her.
BUT I worry about the social aspect of it for Zoe.
Now we do plan on putting Zoe in to some activities, dance, and probably some form of martial arts so she would meet kids there, but I dunno if that would be enough, ya know?
DH mentioned that there were homeschooling get togethers or something. I think one of his friends mentioned it to him.
I want her to get the best education possible, but I also want her to have friends and have that whole kid experience w/ friends she meets etc. I'll have to look in to it more.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Homeschooling is a lot different nowadays. It seems like there are a lot of activities/sports that a homeschooled child can take part in.

Unknown said...

Our friend home school and their kids are involved in so much stuff that sometimes it seems like they are in school.