Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Peace and Quiet

Niiiice...

Put Zoe to bed about 10mins ago, and other than her crying for a moment, she went right to sleep. Woot!
I'm SO thankful for her keeping her own schedule like that.
Yeah she's been waking up in the night again, but I think it's b/c she's been hot... maybe.
It wasn't that bad last night. Pacifier back in the mouth put her back to sleep.
She did wake at 6 again though. I think she went back to sleep for maybe 30min and that was it.
I just laid in my bed while she entertained herself in her crib lol.
Seriously, I didn't get up until 8. Think I'm going to sew some yarn on to one of her toys that she has. And put it in her crib.
It's double-sided, but only has string on one end but not the other, so you can flip it and tie it for the other side. That probably made no sense.....

Anway.. even though I wish she would sleep a bit better, I really can't complain b/c I know a lot of mommas out there have it a lot worse.
____

I did end up fixing clam chowder. Easier than it seems.
Used this recipe as a base and fixed it to my own taste
My Best Clam Chowder

I used 6 cans of chopped clams
Didn't add in any extra water b/c it didn't need it after the 6 cans of clam juice.

So I didn't dirty up more than I had to, I just started it all in one pot.
Put in veggies, clam juice from the cans and the butter.
I then just put in 3 cups of heavy whipping cream and 1 cup of half and half.
Added in pepper and garlic salt.
Brought it to a boil then lowered heat to let it simmer.
Let it simmer for around an hour, although probably should've done it longer to get it a bit thicker.
Added in the clams... let it heat up for a couple of minutes, and served.

Pretty gosh darn tasty! Lots of reviews said to add in bacon, but I dunno... while bacon is delicious... I think the flavor of it tends to overpower things that you add it to, which some cases isn't bad, but I didn't want to taste bacon with this so didn't bother.
Also didn't bother with the vinegar b/c honestly it just sounded weird to add.
Anyway... like I said, pretty delicious if you enjoy that clammy creamy flavor. Mine was a bit watery, but if I was eating wheat, that could've been solved with some butter cracker, yum.
____

And finally, some photo spam b/c I remembered! YAY!

Hat I made for Zoe. YAY!

Said hat on Zoe. It's a bit long so doesn't have that nice fitted beanie look, but oh well.

Mmmmmm pureed carrots........ droooooool

Nice drool ring around the collar

Almost nekkid bebeeeeeeeeehhhhh

Think I had to do something called stripping to her diapers b/c they've been leaking like a mofo

Riding in the car always makes her sleepy

But she literally woke up right after I took that photo so I plopped her in her exersaucer while I put groceries away lol

Some silly baby time on the floor!

She can roll to her side like no ones business! To her tummy though... still working on that











1 comment:

Shari said...

Nice job on the hat! Pretty soon Zoe will be rolling all over the place! :) She definitely has quite the faces!