Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Nitty Gritty

Didn't want to go in to too much detail about Christmas and family drama in my other post.
So here's this one!

One of DH's cousins is a damn mess. Dunno what happened to her. Thinking she just hung out with the wrong crowd and is stuck in a self destructive mindset. But she was definitely drunk at Christmas. We got there at 10:30 and she already smelled extremely strong of alcohol and you could just tell by her speech that she was at least buzzed.
Thankfully she's not a mean drunk or anything and she wasn't stumbling around. Still though.....
Ezra really likes her though lol. But he was loving everyone that day :)

OO I ticked DH off on CHristmas Eve. Zoe spent the night with her granny on Friday. We actually waited for SiL and BiL to leave with niece before letting Zoe go off with her b/c we knew if they saw, they would try to pawn niece off too. They already tried to while we were eating dinner, but MiL didn't react to what they said so they kind of dropped it lol.
Anyway, MiL let Zoe open one of her presents at her house, so when she got home, we let Oren open up one of his.
We gave him a Monster High doll. Can't remember her name but she's a cat.
I mentioned that it was a good idea that we weren't letting him open it in front of his family b/c they would start with the awful homophobic comments. I said bigotted and racist comments or something like that. I think DH was more ticked that I was saying bad things in front of the kids which I do regret doing, but I was tired and not really thinking.
But it is true.
When Ezra was born, they put Oren in to a girl shirt. You couldn't really tell except that the sleeves at the shoulders had that poof to them.
Aunt kept going on and on how he was a "Nancy boy" b/c of the shirt and just would not shut up about it.
Seriously woman?
Sure she was joking but still...

 And at Christmas... DH's grandfather was talking to a relative and out came the N word in front of my kids. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
I don't even like saying N word and will never say the actual word. And I hate that my kids have to hear it coming out of the mouths of people they love. I don't want them growing up thinking it's ok to say and will teach them that it's not.


Oh and yep.... my SiL (brother's wife) posted on facebook last night about how she can't wait for the season to be over with b/c they're all sick and blahblah BULLSHIT.
I'm just surprised she didn't post it sooner so it was more of an excuse as to why they didn't show up on Christmas.
Lying bastards.
As I said... I'm just done.
They don't need to be invited. They know they can just come over if they wanted to. I'm done trying to include them. If they want their kids to grow up anti-social towards family... then whatever.

No comments: