Monday, April 24, 2017

Unreasonable? Maybe

So Zoe went to spend the night with aunt Saturday night. That's fine. Nothing unusual about that.
She usually drops her off or we go pick her up from somewhere closeby.
Not this time. Apparently aunt went to DH's church and I dunno how it happened, but it was agreed that Zoe could spend the night with her granny.
Now, I wouldn't have a problem with this IF we knew how she was getting home. I know MiL isn't going to go out if she doesn't have to, so she's not going to bring her home. I don't think I should have to since it wasn't my frickin idea to let her spend the night.
I wouldn't have a problem if all parties involved came to a decision before she was allowed to go. Is DH going to pick her up after work? Ok..... Is MiL going to bring her home? Ok..... but no... no one ever thinks these things through.

I mean, it's not a huge deal really, but more of an annoyance.... and DH is getting her after work which I'm really not happy about but whatever. I want my baby home.

Boy.. typing that out made me feel like such a helicopter parent. I don't think I am most of the time, but I know I can be sometimes. Or at least I feel like I'm too strict. /shrugs
I do the best I can.
This parenting gig is not easy at all. Not that I was expecting it to be, but we all have those oh so naive fantasies before having kids. We're all the perfect parent before we have children and we all have perfect children then too.
And then reality just comes along, smacks you in the face and gives you an atomic wedgie.
____

Today is the first day of strict low carb. Joy......
I am excited to get started, just not looking forward to the cravings. I'm fine right now. It's only been half a day lol.
Just need to get up off my ass and exercise now. Downloaded a 30 day challenge app. The easy workout is so easy and will take all of 2 seconds...... I just need to do it... and I haven't yet.

No comments: