Monday, March 23, 2015

Little bit of this and that

Been meaning to post for a couple of days now but always get side tracked.
Sorry if I repeat something I've already said. Too tired to remember whats what :P lol

PP recovery is still kind of rough right now. Not too terrible, but still sore and tender in areas. Like the tops of my feet are tender, so are my shins and my pooch.
Wish I could be one of those women that bounce back a week after but nope. Thank goodness for a great DH that is doing more than his fair share.

I've also been getting bad headaches for the last few days. Tylenol or ibuprofin w/ a percocet helps, but as soon as the meds wears off, the headaches pops right back up. Was hoping it was maybe just dehydration or something but no. It's gotta be hormonal.

I'm still swollen but not nearly as bad as it was. It's slowly going away.... very slowly.

Bleeding has been off and on. Not bad though. I'll get a small gush every once in a while, but nothing heavy.

I'm tired ALL the time. Not sure what's going on b/c I'm getting somewhat decent sleep. Thinking it's probably just b/c my body is still in heal mode right now and needs the extra rest.

Pumping has been going ok. Still struggling to get my supply up. Think I need to drink more water. Oren is getting fed though so that's all that matters to me. It's about 50/50 w/ my milk and formula.

Oren is doing well. He has a gunky right eye. Same thing happened with Zoe. Can't remember why it happened with her though. Just one of those things. It's nothing serious, just kinda gross when it gets all caked around his eye. Nothing that a warm damp wash cloth can't fix :)

He is a little oinker. He takes 3oz of BM or formula at each feeding usually. Zoe only got up to 4oz, maybe 5 at the most. He needs more meat on his bones anyway. He's so tiny still with his little chicken legs. OMG they're so cute and scrawny. Love his little old man baby face too.
He gets the funniest cutest little expressions on his face.
AND b/c of his sleepy time smiles... I'm pretty sure he has a dimple on his right cheek. Not sure if he has one on the other side.

He sleeps pretty well. He wakes up about every 2-3hrs to eat at night. Not too bad.

He is suffering from some reflux issues though. Poor boy gags quite a bit and has spit up a few times. Some of those times we think was just b/c he got a bit too greedy w/ food and ate too much, but other times, it's from an upset tummy.

Zoe has been SO amazing with him. It's so adorable when she calls him baby brother. Awwwww
We put him in the bouncer chair for the first time today to see if he liked it. He didn't mind, but got a bit fussy. She went over and put his blanket back over him, tried giving him his pacifier that he spit out and then gently rubbed his head. Awwwwwwwwww
Also when he starts to cry, she'll ask "What's wrong?" then will say "It's ok. You're ok." Double awwwwwwwwww

Oh we did give Oren a paci the other day. He's taken to it pretty well. He doesn't suck on it for as long as Zoe did, but it does seem to help soothe him a bit when he gets fussy.
____

Tried out the new carpet cleaner the other day. Totally paid for it w/ an extra sore pooch and sore incision area, but man... that thing can clean a carpet. Pulled up a ton of dirt and even though I couldn't go over spots as many times as I wanted... it still got up old stains. Carpet doesn't look as dingy anymore, especially in the high traffic areas.

Unfortunately though... it's still not hardcore enough to defeat cat piss. Damn cat pissed in a new spot and after soaking up as much as possible and spraying it with some pet spray preclean stuff.... nope.... living room still smells like nasty ass cat piss. He may have peed in a new spot we just haven't found yet too.
So GD tired of this cat. We're seriously thinking about buying a dog house and tossing him in the backyard. He can't go anywhere bc of his paws and it definitely would save us a lot of headache w/ the pissing and shitting all over the house. Just wish we knew someone responsible that would take him for us. We want to get rid of him, but so long as it's to a good home.

Oh AND we just saw today that he's been using the back of the loveseat as a scratching post. Sigh...............
____

Anywho.... other than the cat issue... things have been pretty good here.
Can't wait until I'm pain free. I know it's only been 2 weeks, but I'm just ready to feel better already. Get some energy back so I'm not dozing off all day.

No comments: