Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year

So I don't like leaving a negative post at the top.

Zoe spent the night w/ her auntie on Tuesday. They kept her up until midnight and well, they said she only woke up once during the night. Not surprised since she was giving all of her "I'm tired" cues since 5pm lol.
They did cosleep w/ her in their bed though. I'm not too happy about that. Both of them are pretty big and they only have a queen size bed. Bed sharing just scares me. Everything was fine obviously, but... I dunno...

We didn't see Zoe again until 7pm yesterday though. DH and I went to see the Hobbit finally, so that was 3 hours. Then his family were out shopping and whatnot until 6:30 when they called us to tell us they were finally heading home lol.
Zoe didn't really look all that excited to see us. She was clingy though so that told me she at least missed us some heh. She was SOOOOOOOOO tired though.
They kept telling us that she was falling asleep in the car and the girl had bags under her eyes. 17m olds are not supposed to have bags under their eyes! lol

She was so happy to be home though. BIG smiles and she got in to that sleepy hyper state when we were putting her to bed.
She woke up not too long ago but it was obvious she wanted to sleep more. SO now I'm up while she's still sleeping.
Would've been nice if I could've slept in too but oh well, I'm just glad she's home :)

Oh, and she has a cut over her right eye. They told me they don't know how she got it. Not sure what to make of it. I know she gets in to everything so... *shrugs*

DH and I rolled in the new year playing on the computer and then going to sleep.
We didn't leave their place until 10 or 11. Messed around on the computer a bit until after midnight and then went to bed.
We didn't get to sleep in though b/c one of our dogs had to go out. BOOO
Oh well...
Then we went to the movies the next day ( highly recommend seeing 2nd Hobbit movie if you haven't already), went to get a punching bag.. and then I spent the rest of the time making cookies for the inlaws.
Not how I wanted to spend my time but whatever.

Oh I have SO much cleaning to do today.
Inlaws are coming over for dinner and... the house is a mess. Or I should say, certain parts of it are. Take my desk for example. There's a Chick Fil A hash round box on it and I don't remember the last time I had that lol.
And the kitchen... UUUUUUUUUGH dishes dishes and more dishes!!
PLUS I have to cook! Thankfully it's a slow cooker thing but still... just one more thing to tack on to the already long list of things I need to do today.
Our clean house is only an illusion and damnit, we have to keep that facade up!

No comments: