Sunday, April 28, 2013

Everywhere but....

I swear, one minute Zoe was just figuring out how to army crawl, the next, she's already figured out how to hand/knee crawl!! Seriously, one day she was struggling to move hand/knee, now she is gone in a flash.
We were watching tv last night while we ate, I looked away for maybe 10 seconds, she had already moved out of sight! (behind the couch)
This is going to be an adjustment! lol So used to being able to set her down and her staying put.
And I swear, she wants everything except her nice brightly colored toys! She especially wants the dogs nasty dirty chewed up slobber encrusted toys! And don't get me started on chasing after the tumble fur we have going on that she LOVES crawling for to promptly pick up and put in to her mouth.
One of our dogs (the oldest one) is shedding like CRAZY. Big clumps of fur all over the damn place, and Zoe zones in on those damn things. Guess I can't be lazy with vacuuming any longer lol.

We're having to actually block her in to the living room area so she can't wander away :P
And she had a TOTAL cliché baby moment last night too. She went for the outlet. Thankfully we had already bought and put in safety things so she wouldn't have hurt herself anyway, but still.... really?? What is so fascinating about 2 slits in the wall? Well never mind, guess everything is new and exciting for a baby that can move around on their own now.
____

I used another FRER this morning. Someone in my due date group said I should test again and yeah... that was all I needed to go use another one ROFL.
BFN again like I thought it would be, but of course I was still hoping for that 2nd pink line to show up.
I believe it will eventually. Hopefully later this year *nodnod* Just gotta get my butt up off of this couch and do something about the weight.
I exercised some this morning.
I'm starting over with the exercise routine thing I was SUPPOSED to have started 2 weeks ago. I couldn't do all of it today. Feeling really bloated right now and when I started exercising, I automatically got that gross gagging almost throwing up feeling. Rested a bit and it went away, but came back as soon as I strained. I'll do more tomorrow though.
I have to keep telling myself... procrastination does NOT work with weight loss!!
____

Speaking of weight loss though or lack there of heh... I've been craving chocolate something fierce lately and found a really easy delicious brownie recipe I had to share!!
I dunno how to copy and paste on this laptop so I'll just say where I got it.
I found the recipe on allrecipes.com. Just look for MMMMM brownies

Ingredients needed.
2 tbs butter
2tbs water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat Oven to 325. Grease a 8x8 baking dish

In a saucepan, add sugar, butter, & water. Over medium heat, bring to a boil.

Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted.

Whisk in eggs and vanilla until just mixed and smooth.

Add in flour, baking soda, & salt. Mix with a rubber spatula until just mixed.

Pour and spread evenly in pan.

Bake 25-30 minutes. Do NOT overbake.

A few of my notes.....
When I added in the chocolate chips, I was expecting typical smooth liquid melted chocolate, but it didn't happen like that. Not sure why, but the chocolate formed an almost melted ball of chocolate. Closest thing I can compare it to is clay or playdoh. I thought I had done something wrong, but no... it was just how it melted for whatever reason. Adding in the eggs turned it in to that liquidy goodness.
Also, you do not want to over mix the dry ingredients with the wet. I don't think it would really be too much of a problem with this particular recipe since there isn't that much flour, but with other brownie recipes.... over mixing will lead to a more cake like brownie.
And finally, the toothpick thing does NOT work on these brownies. I baked for 25minutes at first. Did the toothpick thing and it came out with lots of stuff on it.
Baked for 5 more minutes and while not as much, still had stuff on the toothpick. That's just how these brownies are supposed to be though. 30 minutes was perfect for the brownies I made.

These brownies were AWESOME!! Gooey without it having that gross undercooked feel to it. Rich without it being that too rich chocolate thing that can happen sometimes.
These would be excellent for Hot Fudge Cake Sundaes, or just with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Whenever I make them again, we're definitely having some icecream with it. I HATE ice cream with cake b/c the cake usually ends up super soggy and disgusting from the melted ice cream, but these brownies would be perfect with some.
Anywho, I need to stop talking about them so much lol. If anyone makes them, tell me how you like or hate them! hehe

While obviously not a healthy recipe, I liked it b/c the ingredients were simple and there was no gross veggie oil involved. (I greased the pan with butter). OH and I just used a regular ole square glass baking dish. It's all we have and it worked fine.

Ok, now that I've gotten that food craving out of the way, back to eating healthy again :D

No comments: