Monday, October 3, 2016

Calm your tits

So today was migraine inducing.
From the moment Oren got up til about an hour before he went to bed.... It was a non-stop crying tantrum whine-fest.
Everything set him off and I mean literally everything.
He's not sick anymore and nothing that we could,see was physically wrong with him.
Just one of those days I guess.
I know dh was at his breaking point by the end and so was I for that matter.
Ignoring wasn't cutting it any longer so I told dh that I think we need to start doing time outs with Oren. When he really starts going, just put him in a corner and tell him he can leave it When he calms down.
I did it twice before bed.
He was not happy about it and kicked up a shitstorm, but seemed to kind of understand the 2nd time bc he eventually did calm down and didn't have another meltdown before bed.
Dh on the other hand needs to check his anger.
Yes, oren's behavior today was Frickin awful and frustrating as all get out, but telling me to just spank him isn't going to solve shit.
We are not against spanking, but it's got to be for a good reason and what Oren was doing was not a good reason and spanking him wasn't going to do anything other than temporarily let out our frustration on to him. Nope... That's just abuse.
I had to set Dh's attitude right on that shit. Dh is NOT abusive... Lemme just get that out there. He's a great daddy and great hubs, but he is not perfect and does not have a lot of,patience with the kids. He did today for most of the day by ignoring the whining, but did come to that breaking point finally when he said that.
Oh, I get it. I've thought to myself about spanking for this stuff, but I know it wouldn't be right to do it and feel guilty for even thinking it, but the thoughts do happen.
I don't want to make Dh feel like he's a bad parent bc he definitely isn't, but I couldn't say nothing.
Anyway... Think Dh got pissed at me and pretty much gave me the silent treatment for the rest of the night. Whatever....
He knows I was right.

Anyway, so Yeah... Sitting in time outs is going to be the goal for when Oren starts up with the crying meltdowns over nothing. Going to have to remind myself constantly to try to keep calm and talk to him. Try to get him to communicate whatever he's wanting instead of crying and whining. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure there will be plenty of oppurtunities later today to test this all out lol.

No comments: