Friday, December 20, 2013

In lighter news

Well, slightly...

Zoe is SOOOOO fussy and is not eating like she normally does. Poor girl is just miserable right now.
She's never been this bad with her other teeth coming in. She is just not a happy camper though. Feel so bad for her. I can't imagine what that feels like.

____

And to talk about current events for a moment...

This whole Duck Dynasty shit....
Leave the man alone. I don't agree with his opinion at all, but his views aren't exactly original and new. I'm sure we ALL know plenty of people in our lives that think and believe just what he believes, but we don't go around calling them every damn curse word under the sun now do we. And I'm sure all of those people with the same beliefs aren't nasty hateful people either. They believe what they do and live their lives the way they want.
Hell, I'm sure most of us know people who are FAR FAR worse than him and we still don't call them even half the names that are being slung his way.

Are his views ignorant? IMO yes, but also IMO he wasn't being nasty about it. He wasn't using slurs like fag, dike, etc. From what I've read, he just doesn't "get it" and through his religious beliefs, he views homosexuality as a sin along with all of the crap he listed.

Anyway... with that being said, I do think A & E had a right to fire him as well if they saw fit. I don't think it was the right move on their part at all, but whatever.

Living in the bible belt and being surrounded by people w/ his views, I guess I just don't see what the HUGE deal is.
People who don't agree can shake our heads at those who do.... and vice versa.


As I saw mentioned in a comment about this..... too bad people can't be this outraged and up in arms over something that really matters.

No comments: