Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!!!

Hope everyone had a decent new year.
Myself? Strep throat.
Felt myself getting sick on Friday. Thought it was just going to be another cold and that my throat was just hurting b/c my throat/mouth dried out during the night.
I had fever, chills, hot flashes all day Saturday and could not stay awake for the life of me.
Felt a little better in terms of staying awake on Sunday, but my throat was still feeling funky and I started talking funny.
You know the way deaf people talk? I sounded similar to that. Thinking it's b/c everything is swollen so I dunno.. it's just making me talk weird.
DH is off today and my throat was killing me all night even after taking tylenol, so I decided to go ahead and go to the urgent care while I could and didn't have to drag along kids.
And yep.. got diagnosed with it this morning.
I dunno where the heck I got it from, but I really hope I haven't given it to any of the kids. Oren ate after me on Saturday. With how I was feeling, just a really stupid decision to make then. So FX that he doesn't get this.

I'm feeling ok though. Still haven't gotten my meds yet, but DH just went out to get them for me. Would just be nice not to have the razor blades feeling in my throat or the excess mucus feeling either.

We've taken all the Christmas stuff down. Were supposed to start execising and whatnot, but well.... I'm not doing shit until my throat feels better. Hopefully soon. Should feel better by next week thankfully.

No comments: