Thursday, January 18, 2018

Boo nature!

So school was cancelled yesterday b/c we were getting snow. It snowed for all of 30 minutes and none of it stuck :\
Sigh.
How is it that states south of us have gotten snow twice now that has stuck, but we got a frickin flurry of it that if you blinked.. you missed it??
BOOOOO

Anywho....
Nothing too much going on here. Just being a mean mommy and ruining my children's childhood by making them clean up after themselves and do their homework. :\
I am NOT a teacher for a reason. I have zero patience with Zoe when we do her homework. She starts getting frustrated and not paying attention which makes me frustrated and angry. Not a good combination.
I need to try better to not snap at her though when she's obviously not paying attention. Don't want to give her anxiety or anything. Just want her to do her best.

And the house is a giant GD mess. Toys everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I'm so over it but there is no point in cleaning b/c it will all be back on the floor an hour later. I get the kids to clean after asking, asking, then yelling at them. I really hate yelling but I swear.. my kids don't think I'm serious unless I am yelling.
Like... WTH little people. Just b/c I'm not angry and yelling at your doesn't mean you get to ignore what I'm saying. Geezus.

This mommy needs a margarita.

School was delayed for 2 hours this morning too for potential icy road conditions. Great bc I got to sleep in for all of 10 more minutes than usual..... -_-

I can't wait until the other 2 are old enough to enjoy sleeping in too. I'll struggle getting them awake for school which is a hell on in its own, but being able to actually sleep in and have children that want to as well will be heaven. HEAVEN I say!!
____

What else.....
Random...
Was playing mahjong on my phone. It gets ads that pop up every once in a while for other games. Not a big deal.
A solitaire game popped up with a sexy chick looking lustily at me. Like.... what? What the hell is so sexy about solitaire? It's literally a game you play by yourself. lol
____

DH's grandpa is back in the hospital.
The nursing home he was rehabbing in was shit and he ended up catchign pneumonia again. Thankfully he's better this time around, but still. Would be nice if he'd just getting better and out of the hospital already.
____

Another random... have a doll with horribly tangled hair? Boiling hot water. Dip the hair for about 10 or so seconds a few times and gently brush the hair. At least that is what worked for me on Zoe's dolls.
We bought her a Rapunzel doll that has extremely long hair that got super tangled like the day after CHristmas. I looked up some techniques to get it untangled and did one that uses fabric softener.
The fabric softener made the hair softer, but it did not detangle. I finally dipped the hair in to boiling hot water and the hair finally loosened up.
Just did that method with another Rapunzel doll she has and the tangles came right out with brushing.
____

We have not really started dieting just yet. It's gonna happen, but when? I dunno.
We (mostly DH) cleaned out the exercise room so that's good for whenever we decide to exercise.
Not sure when I'm gonna start though. Ugh.... with my energy level... all I think about is sleeping. My bed is calling to me all day long.
___

Gotta get ready to pick Zoe up. Here are a couple of photos :D
 Got a new phone.. I call it a google phone b/c I guess they made it? /shrugs and all the photos I take get stored on google so should be easier to post stuff now :D

Taken yesterday. Kids dressing up and enjoying the little bit of snow that we got.





No comments: