Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Things are good

Things are pretty good here right now.
Zoe's hand foot and mouth cleared up fairly quick. She never showed signs of being sick other than the visible few spots on her tongue and hands and feet.
I don't think anyone else caught it or if they did, it was so mild that it didn't show.

We were going to wait until his birthday, but we went ahead and bought and gave Ezra his own tablet. He's like the other 2. He'll watch it and play on it, but he also spends his days running around with his disaster squad. lol
I don't understand why some parents are SO against technology, but hey.. you do you and don't stick your nose up at other parents' choices.

Fridge is FINALLY frickin fixed.
We had to wait for a part that was backordered to come in. That took like.. an extra 2 or 3 weeks. Then the repairman installed everything... and it still wasn't working.
So we had to wait another week for someone to come out and another repairman finally did last night. He got here at about 5:30 and didn't leave until 9:30. But whatever he did seems to have worked.
He said that other than some little dent in some small piece part, there wasn't anything else wrong with the fridge. He checked for leaks, took the fridge apart and didn't see anything else.
Not sure what he did about the small dent he saw, but whatever he did do worked b/c the fridge is working now.
FINALLY! FINALLY FINALLY!!!
Holy crap have we been missing our 2nd fridge. Our other fridge is so damn small. Great for a small family but we're a fam of 5 and need as much space!
Just waiting for   the repair guy to come back for his sensor things before we start moving stuff back in!
Oh it's gonna be so nice not having to play food tetris any longer! Having room to buy extra meat to freeze... having room to buy salad stuff that won't freeze and get ruined in the other fridge.... SO SO nice!
____

And finally diet is going great!
We're on our 4th week of the keto diet and doing great on it. I've lost about 11lbs so far. Not sure    about DH, but it looks like he's lost which I'm super jealous about lol.
I'm only 5'3" so 11lbs.. you would think would be noticeable. Pffft, NOPE!
I still look the same. I even took some before photos too to compare and there is absolutely no difference... YET.
Just texted DH and he said he's lost 16lbs. 16 frickin pounds in less than a month!!!! How fucking cool is that?
And you know what else is awesome... I don't feel insatiably hungry anymore.
I NEVER thought that would happen. I could eat and eat and eat some more and then still eat a dessert and want even more.
But this way of eating lives up to what it says it will do which is keep you full and satisfied for longer. Like... I still have to fight the urge to eat at certain times even when I'm not hungry b/c that's when I used to eat before, but it's gotten so much easier over this short amount of time.
Take last night for instance. I didn't want to cook anything with the repairman in the kitchen. I hadn't really eaten anything since around noon.... and I was fine. I probably could've gone the entire night and most of this morning feeling absolutely fine. I did end up eating some pickles and beef jerky sticks just to have something, but I really didn't need it.
NO damn way I would've ever have been able to do that before. I would've been grumpy as shit b/c I would've been starving and in a horrible mood b/c of it.
I'm telling ya.... this way of eating is the shit.
If you're wanting to lose weight or eat better for health reasons... DO THIS. And also..join a really good keto group with supportive people in it. I got lucky and joined a really good one right from the start and it sounds like some of the others out there can be a bit too strict and stupid with rules.
Anyway... give it a try. You don't have to be strict with organic this and grassfed that. Buy what you can that is keto friendly (low low low carb) and keep your meals simple.
The first week is going to be rough bc your body is going to crave those carbs and junky foods, but don't give in b/c it does get easier! IT GETS EASIER.
And then you'll start looking in to alternatives to your favs and see that there are a lot of options out there. Like pizza crust. There's one called fathead dough that consists of mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour and eggs. Nw the texture is just a little different, but you put your pizza toppings on it and it satisfies your craving.
Hell... if that's too much trouble, you can just make a fried cheese pizza. Nonstick pan. Sprinkle on a good helping of mozzarella in the bottom. Let it melt and when it starts to bubble, add your sauce/toppings then let it fry until the bottom of the cheese turns almost black. It will look burned but it's not. It holds together like a thin crust pizza, but it's all just toppings and it's delicious!
Was supposed to make it last night but will be doing that one tonight :)

Don't get me wrong... I do miss some foods still and look longingly at them lol, but your craving for them slowly goes away. Sure.... you would love to eat them still, but the benefits of sticking to eating this way is so much more rewarding that those 2 minutes of eating a cheat.

I am SO encouraged and motivated this time. The group I'm in and the results so far have just been... inspiring. I don't think my weight loss will be this awesome every month, but ya know... I'm learning that that's ok b/c I am in this and I'm not giving up. I feel so SO positive about it and I don't think I've ever been like that on a diet before.
Even when we did primal.. I couldn't wait to cheat. I counted down the days of our strict 30days on it lol.
Anyway.. enough of my cheesy ass....

Gotta get some chores done :)

No comments: